Anyone know of a decent Expat squash/badminton club?

Dear All,

I hope you all must be doing good. I am almost new in this country. Looking for the places to play squash & find any partners with whom I can join. Found this forum very much informative & will be needing guidance to start from where. I have the car but don't know the routes so need suggestions & assistance.

went to fitness time today on exit 7... anyone of u come there to play squash...?

You'll find people in queue waiting to have game. A bit rushy place for squashing.

I go to the same gym. Are you a member there?

No just made a visit today now thinking of taking a membership of this or some other club having more than one court so it takes less to wait in queue... :). What time u come there???

You may find me there from 8-11pm.

Unfortunately, there are no gyms with multiple courts. The best bet would be the Intercon hotel courts or the Riyadh Sports Club on the outskirts.

Good evening

I play at the Intercon  Palms club and there is definitely no queue there !!!

Generally play 3 times a week

Regards

Trevor

Great but I am new to this city so still figuring out the ways to reach different places. Nearest I could find is the fitness time as it is on the straight drive from my place. But where is intercon located & what are the charges?? Also what other facilities are included in the monthly premium

Hi gents,

I've just moved out to Riyadh and i'm new to the city. I'm a keen squash player back home and looking to keep playing whilst out here. Any of you guys got a squash club going? Also, where can i buy a decent racket in the city?

Cheers,
Rory

Rory,

Welcome to Riyadh... Where you are located in the city like your residence so It will be much easier for us to guide you... You can go to Grandana Mall & there is a shop called Sun & Sand Sports shop & the other shop is located address as follows: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sun-and- … ref=stream

& the other sports shop is on Northern Ring Road its link is http://www.ghornatah.com/

Please feel free to contact in case if you need any further information or help.

And if you are in Olaya area, look for Faleh. They have 3 stores on Olaya Road. The other day, I saw Dunlop rackets for less than 100 SAR each.

Hi Mohsin,

That's great, thanks for the information. I'm going to try and get one this weekend. I live near Granada mall so that is pretty handy!

Where about do you play in the city?

Best,
Rory

Rory,

I havent started playing yet as I dont have the car.. hopefully in couple of weeks I will be joining the Fitness time which is located on exit 7 on the northern ring road as it has more facilities in one area...

Rgds

Mohsin

Mohsin82 wrote:

Rory,

I havent started playing yet as I dont have the car.. hopefully in couple of weeks I will be joining the Fitness time which is located on exit 7 on the northern ring road as it has more facilities in one area...

Rgds

Mohsin

I'll welcome you if you could PM me a day ahead of your joining :)

Hi every body I am planning to join Fitness Time on Ex 7 mainly to play squash .....any suggestion regarding this center
and
any one willing to play Squash or Tennis  game I am free from Sat to Tu

Edany911,

I have joined the fitness time on exit 7 only because of squash. The court is nice but it's not a wooden base court, they have put a thick hard rubber base flooring.

PM me if any one is interested for squash games after 6pm on weekdays !!

Mohsin ... thank for ur reply

Saimans
I have sent u PM

Hi there, I play squash at exit 7 regularly msg me if you want to set up a game on evenings or weekends.

P.S where can I get some squash gear? I need new grip! :)

Granada Sports. 1st floor. Exit 7
200 Meters from your where you play :)

Open Riyadh maps here: http://goo.gl/maps/8sbKP

and look for: Sports Shop: Grandana Sports in the left panel.

Hello gents,

I have recently got myself a squash racquet and would like to get started.

Suggest a decent court I could go to in Malaz or around DQ.

Appreciate your help.

Hi all,

I play squash everyday (6 pm) at our hospital gym close to DQ. Join me if anyone interested. Would be nice to build a small squash club.

S. M interested. I am an Engineer from India and staying in Al mather streer. May I know the details.
BB
[Moderated: pls send your personal details in private]

There is one in marriaot if you wanna play let me know
[email protected]