Cost of Living & Apartment Search...

Hi All,

I'm from India now working in ShangHai, China. I got an Offer from a company in Gothenburg and I'll be joining them during the first week of September. I would like to know about the process/procedure  of renting an house/apartment in Gothenburg. I'm not looking for anything in the city as it might be expensive. Kindly share your idea and if possible your contact number to discuss more about moving to Gothenburg Sweden.

Further it would be really helpful if anyone can give a glimpse of basic living cost.

Regards,
George.

Hello George,

First let me congratulate you for the wonderful career prospect you finalized in Sweden.

I hope you will be arriving on a Work Permit processed by your Employer. Accommodation situation in Goteborg is quite tight at the moment due to the increasing student and refugee population.

If you go by the standard way of applying for an apartment on rent, it may turn out to be a never ending wait. The best option currently for you is to approach a local firm providing relocation services. Though these services will cost you a one time charges upto 10000 SEK (Ten Thousand Swedish Kroner)but you can be rest assured of the paper work and facilities within the apartment (internet, cooking, washing, drying etc.).

There are 3 different types of apartment that you can choose from;

1. Studio - Hall + Kitchen + Bathroom (rent upto 400 Euros/month)
2. Single Bedroom - 1BR+Hall+Kitchen+Washroom (rent upto 650 Euros/month)
3. Double Bedroom - 2BR+Hall+Kitchen+Washroom (rent upto 900 Euros/month)

Alternatively, you can also consider a fully furnished Bungalow with car park, garden area and multiple bedrooms. This can cost you upto 1500 Euros/month

My suggestion is to settle down and then explore more options once you know your travel and easiness to local access.

Thanks

Vijesh Sivadasan

If you need more info visit blocket.se

Good Luck

Hi Vijesh,

Would you please suggest me few apartments-1 bedroom+1 kitchen+1 bathroom .... since my friend gonna travel Goteborg very soon.............
Thanks

Hi.
I think this is a very old post for which you have responded.
You can post a new topic of the same subject.