Looking for accommodation in Toronto

Hi!!
I'm moving in Toronto the 4th of September and I am looking for a double room (for me and my boyfriend) downtown or east toronto (I will be working near Scarborough). We'd like to find a situation around 500$ in total!
Anyone?
:)

Elettra

Hello Elettra.

So as to make it more visible, your post has been move to the Toronto forum. :)

You ca try to post an advert in the housing in Toronto section. It can be helpful.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Check out www.rentit.ca

To be honest, you won't find anything for $500 downtown; more like $1200ish, and that's cheap! I would suggest living just on the outside of the core.. maybe the high park area?? Still won't be $500, but its nice and its cheaper.. And keep in mind the subway in Toronto will get your around the city very easily.. Great public transit system!

I've grown up right outside of Toronto all my life, and work downtown, so if you have any questions about areas or whatever, just send me a message and I'd be glad to help you guys out!

Cheers,

Caylen

Hey there,

I am a Toronto native and my advise would be to live in the beaches/East York The eastern part of North York or Scarborough itself. Places like High Park will be a little bit to much of a commute for you in the morning even with the subway because they tend to have technical or other issues a lot in the morning that slows down or even stops service in the morning. You need to live somewhere where taking other modes of transit like a bus or street car can be done easily without hassle. Another thing a place for $500 is extremely hard to find in general in this city. I would say you might want to look into a shared/room-mate situation for an apartment.
I started a sort of business that helps expats relocate to Toronto so check out the link if you interested and I hope my feedback has helped.

(moderated: no free ads please)

There lots of online websites that you may want to check just like rentseeker.ca, torontorentals.com and gottarent.com

They will provide you different types of rooms, rental apartments etc.

Contact this number 416 845 0541. This person is renting a 2 bedroom basement apartment. It is a street level basement. The apartment is close to the Victoria Park subway station and the shoppers world on the danforth.

Thanks to everyone! Your information have been very halpful!

@Cando: I will certainly contact! Thanks!

Best to everyone!

You might also want to check kijiji.ca. They got pictures there :). Try using your work's postal code to search for places close to work. You are better off walking to work.