Driving license in Somalia

Hi all,

Can a foreigner take the driving test in Somalia?

What are the formalities to get a driver's licence in Somalia?

Do you need special or extra documents being an expatriate?

How much does it cost?

Thank you for participating ;).

Armand

Hello sir, how are you doing, i wish to express my interest to work in Somalia either as a business man or getting a job in any field since am equipped with diversified skills such as driving,teaching and training, computer skills like window installation, typing and printing, agricultural related fields, business, conducting research, proposal writing.   am called mpalanyi Julius having bachelor's degree in agriculture and rural innovation from Makerere university, diploma and certificate in computer studies, a valid driving license am quiet a humble and honesty understanding person with a lot of developmental ideas ready to face challenges whatever the case may be am much more ready to travel to somalia . The reason why am interested in working with you in Somalia first i had my guardian who used to stay in afogoye Somalia he was a great man who used to do every thing for my life and entire family so with that i would wist to trace my Uncle whether he is a live or dead secondly since am a development work i would like to portray my skills and abilities to virgin African country like Somalia, for more information in case your ready to assist me especially for a place where i can rent or stay while in somalia, the route i can used to reach safely in Somalia, the person to pick me at the bus the moment i reach in somalia you can contact me using this telephone +256-487700 email yahoo  [email protected]  face book [email protected] names mpalanyi Julius sir am ready to compensate for your assistance God willingly. To note tell whether if i have a valid driving license of Ugandan government can it work in Somalia if not what am i supposed to do? thanks a lot

Hello Mpalanyi Julius.

Welcome to Expat.com!

You are going off topic. :rolleyes:

Concerning the job, you should start a new thread on the Somalia forum and ask your questions.:)

Thank you,
Aurélie

its been a while since i was in somaliland and i think  all over somalia its the same policy, if you can reach the pedals and control the car, your free to drive. i think since recent elections in somaliland things may have changed slightly, but tbh its a country where a small pay-off at a checkpoint will allow you to proceed to your destination.

Thank you for your help Btwn-Fear-N-Hope! :)

Aurélie

your welcome!

Hello I m somali but I live in Swisss.
If you have a permi or not it cost  50 dollar
bye

I'm sorry I'm answering this late but to get a license in Somalia it would cost u 150 dollars
And you will take a test

Is it a written test or driving road test?

Hello Brielle1982,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

You may not have noticed, but this thread has not been active since 2017. The likelihood of finding some answer here are close to zero.

Instead, I would advise you to create a new thread on the Somalia forum to ask your question. Having a separate, recent thread will give your query more visibility, hence leading to better interaction and more chances of receiving a reply.

Good luck,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

Hi Armand,

Its very simple process, if you have license from your country, here in somalia we translate it and issue you somali driving license with small fee.

If you dont have we have issue new one, but you must show your residents permit or your visa duration.

Any assistance feel free to ask.

Regards,
MOE