Driving license in Peru

Hi all,

Can a foreigner take the driving test in Peru?

What are the formalities to get a driver's licence in Peru?

Do you need special or extra documents being an expatriate?

How much does it cost?

Thank you for participating ;).

Armand

Hola / Hi

I would like to know too how expat do to drive here in Peru? I do have an international driver licence and original one from france. Today i went to "touring office" in Lima, they ask so many papers and attestation that i'm almost disgusted. May be i can follow driving with what i have?...
let us know your experience please
Is there an easy way to get that driving licence?
Thank you guys

i also wanna know about this issue. i am  furioso!!!

Members of the automobile club in the U.S. and many other countries, can get the international driver's license in a few minutes for 15 dollars if you have a state issued driver's license

I use mine when I drive my car in Peru as I enter the country as a tourist and have not yet obtained a carnet de extranjeria which would be required to get a Peruvian license.

I have been stopped many times over the last two years and I present my international permit and show them the page which has the spanish wording.  Frequently, they ask how long I have been in Peru and ask to see my entry permit and sometimes ask why I have not yet obtained a Peruvian license. As all my papers are in order, they wish me a good day and I am on my way. MY SUGGESTION: Do not show them your foreign license, you might not get it back if they are writing you a ticket. (I have never been asked for mine)

Thanks for your help russpeters!

Armand