Expat blog gatherings in Islamabad

Hi all!

What about meeting the other Islamabad Expat.com members in real life? Organizing an Expat.com meet up would be an excellent way to know them! :)

An Expat.com meet up can be a diner gathering, having coffee, a bring and share in a nice place, a cultural or sports activity, etc. There are plenty of possibilities: just imagine a pleasant way to meet new people and old friends from Expat.com.

Feel free to organize Expat.com get-togethers in Islamabad: you would meet the other members in a friendly atmosphere and have a good time together!

Of course, we could offer some help to organize your meet up and to inform the community.

So, who's in? Do not hesitate to start a new thread to suggest an Expat.com gathering in Islamabad. ;)

Best,

Julien

Hi, lovely idea. I'm new here and would like to meet other expats around Islamabad to make some social friends to share survival tips about IBD, PK, lol! So count me in.  Regards, Lana.

Sounds good. i am in...

And the line died due to lack of activists ......hahahahaha

Hello LanaSh.

Maybe you can organise an Expat.com meet up. You can propose a date, an hour and a place. Other members might be intrested. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Good Idea Aurelie, can do it right now! Thxs.

Dear expats of IBS if you like an idea to have a meeting in a week or so, pls let me know the best comfortable date and places for all. What do you think about type of the meeting? Should it be general meeting for all, meeting for families only, girls evening out or opposite, singles only,  ect. What would you like? Pls if you have more ideas let me know. Thxs! Lana.

and the post just died lol

Planning meeting on 15 of october at Gloria J at Kohsar who's in?

Hi Lana!!!

If you can delay it a couple of day I will be in Islamabad. I am planning to come by the end of this week.

I can help in organizing the meetup as well.

Haris

Hey Lana, i am in Islamabad now a days and ill be available on 15th Oct. So

Hi all, meeting is off now. Most of the people told me that it is not comfortable to meet up during working days and requested to have it over the weekend. Pls mail me your prefered days and timings fot the meeting. Thxs, Lana.

yea its better on weekends, lets make it on coming friday, 19th Oct if mroe ppl are comfortable with it

Hi I am visiting ISB and other parts and i will be staying in ISB for couple of days any like minded people up for meet up???

Hallo dear i havr idea

Can you share your idea?

I think the whole idea of an expat meetup is to bring together people that can share and relate their experiences. Most importantly clarify experiences in the local context for improved interactions later on. I suggest that such meetups may be kept open both for expats and locals with foreign travel experience. We are essentially looking at people with cross cultural and international community experiences to come together for better understanding. And Pakistani locals will perhaps be able to give such gatherings a comfort zone by offering their own pads for the meetup. I have done it for locals and expats to come together and it was cool. CHeers.

Good idea :P