Expat blog gatherings in Izmir

Hi all!

What about meeting the other Izmir Expat.com members in real life? Organizing an Expat.com meet up would be an excellent way to know them! :)

An Expat.com meet up can be a diner gathering, having coffee, a bring and share in a nice place, a cultural or sports activity, etc. There are plenty of possibilities: just imagine a pleasant way to meet new people and old friends from Expat.com.

Feel free to organize Expat.com get-togethers in Izmir: you would meet the other members in a friendly atmosphere and have a good time together!

Of course, we could offer some help to organize your meet up and to inform the community.

So, who's in? Do not hesitate to start a new thread to suggest an Expat.com gathering in Izmir. ;)

Best,

Julien

bien c'est un plaisir mon cher ami

@ahmet - In english please on this Anglophone forum! ;)

Aurélie

Hello, my wife (Logan) and I are looking to make friends with expats living in Izmir, Turkey. Also, we would like information of any weekly, bi-monthly, or monthly expat get-together/mixers/meeting. I can be reached at [email protected] hope to hear from you soon! We have our Turkish tax number, work permit, and residency for 3-years. We are currently working and have a signed teaching contract with a school in Izmir. We are seriously fun, professional, easy California people, who want to make long-term friendships with like-minded expats!
YES!

Not quite familiar with how to use these Forums,
But my name is Sena, I'm from Australia, I'm 23 year's old, currently living in Izmir,
So I'm quite mutual to any expat gatherings/activities.
I speak English and Turkish :)

Hi Sena.Gonen We are having an informal get-to-gether for the Mussels & Beer Festival in Izmir on Sept. 1&2. email me at [email protected] thanks

is there any new get-together planned?

I would highly recommend you guys organising one in Alsancak or Karsiyaka before the weather gets too hot to get together. Right now it's freezing cold but if you set a date for late-March / April and stick to it and invite your friends to it, there will be a nice community in no time.

I have seen most cities of turkey but Izmir, inshallah next summer

Did anyone put together any events or meetings. I am moving to Izmir at the end of April and it would be great to meet some expats.

I'm Hannah I live in England but travel to turkey alot. I stayed in karsiyaka in September and I am hoping to come back there this winter to do a turkish course so that I can move there next year to teach. Do you have an advise about moving there? And are there many English speakers as I am nervous to move when I only know turkish people.

Hope to hear from you soon :)

Hannah x

Hi im joanne luving here i can meet you no problem im irish.

Hey Joanne , cheers :) how long have you been living out there for?

I am from Uk too looking for English speaking  friends I live in Istanbul

Hey all :) Im from the UK, soon to be moving to izmir, would like to meet new friends! Jen

Hi,
   If anyone wants to meet at the Agora for coffee and a chat, that would be great. I came mid-June with my son and grand-daughter,
We live in Guzelbahce.  I was an English  teacher for a number of years.  I plan to give private lessons eventually. 
   If anyone is interested to forming a writers' group or a Readers' Theatre group, let me know.  I have a lot of experience in both, but haven't had time to write until recently.
My e-mail address:  [email protected]
'Rita' or Grete

P.S. I can speak German and Norwegian.  I'm rusty on the French.
I am in the process of learning Turkish.