Expat blog gatherings in Santiago

Hi all!

What about meeting the other Santiago Expat.com members in real life? Organizing an Expat.com meet up would be an excellent way to know them! :)

An Expat.com meet up can be a diner gathering, having coffee, a bring and share in a nice place, a cultural or sports activity, etc. There are plenty of possibilities: just imagine a pleasant way to meet new people and old friends from Expat.com.

Feel free to organize Expat.com get-togethers in Santiago: you would meet the other members in a friendly atmosphere and have a good time together!

Of course, we could offer some help to organize your meet up and to inform the community.

So, who's in? Do not hesitate to start a new thread to suggest an Expat.com gathering in Santiago. ;)

Best,

Julien

Hi Julien,

How would we go about this? I am happy to do the organising.

Cheers,

Chris

sounds great. please include me in thi, email me the location and time, i prefer after 20:00 or weekends

[email protected]

Step one- figure out Chile
Step two - figure out blogging

Hi Julien

Nice Idea

Regards,
Kalyan.

Julien wrote:

Hi all!

What about meeting the other Santiago Expat.com members in real life? Organizing an Expat.com meet up would be an excellent way to know them! :)

An Expat.com meet up can be a diner gathering, having coffee, a bring and share in a nice place, a cultural or sports activity, etc. There are plenty of possibilities: just imagine a pleasant way to meet new people and old friends from Expat.com.

Feel free to organize Expat.com get-togethers in Santiago: you would meet the other members in a friendly atmosphere and have a good time together!

Of course, we could offer some help to organize your meet up and to inform the community.

So, who's in? Do not hesitate to start a new thread to suggest an Expat.com gathering in Santiago. ;)

Best,

Julien

Hello all.

Do not hesitate to propose a date (1 or 2 weeks in advance), an hour and a place. I am sure that there are other members that might be interested. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi - I'm away for the summer - but excellent idea! Several years ago there were regular meetings organized by the Chile Gringos email list plus another Chile site - I'm busy at the moment but please let me know which groups/lists you're familiar with, and I can fill in others.   Jo

Julien,sounds like a great idea.
Pat and i will be coming to Chile in about a month,and would like to meet some new friends.We are looking to move there and any help would be nice.We live in Montana,and "yes it's snowing".Looking to get out of the US and Chile seems like a great place.I'm a 69 year old irisnman that loves fly fishing,hunting or any thing outdoors.I try to give more than i get which is getting harder by the day here.Will help anyone at any time,just my way.Love good food,beer,wine (must be the irish in me)and good people.Would like to live in a small town near a good river or the ocean,i was a fisherman most of my life and need to get back close to the ocean.Knowing me would not be a dull thing in your life???????I am a man of honor.
Any and all help would make our trip there better i'm sure.
email me at icecream@lclink,or Skype me at windrifter3
Pat makes quilts and is looking also to meet people or teach you how to quilt.
God Bless
Tom & Pat

i see you in many places on the forum looking for best choice to relocate to SA nurse /sheep (hobby) any advice

enjoy your trip im right behind u tom and pat

Tom,
did you make it down to Chile yet? I'd like to get your thoughts. We are a family of 6 living in the bitterroot valley of Montana. My daughter and I are in Chile this week exploring and trying to get the lowdown. Everything we have read so far looks great, but seeing and experiencing it firsthand has been important. It is hard to describe. Very different from the US. The terrain has been beautiful so far. Food is cheap. Fruit markets everywhere. But lack of cell phone and nav system down here has made finding things in the cities difficult. The nav in the rental car doesn't work. :( The roads are good thus far. I haven't figured out how you go about buying a piece of property, though. I have not seen one for sale sign or realty office.

Eric

Hello Eric,

Why don't you start a new discussion on the Chile forum with all your questions?

It will be more helpful in obtaining information and advice.

Best of luck for your project,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team