Good morning from wintery South Africa!

Good morning to everybody on ExpatBlog!

I have recently joined ExpatBlog (in fact this very morning) and would like to introduce myself (well, the site recommended this). Anyway, I was born and raised in the good old R of SA but as a near-30 year-old I am planning to spread my wings and find a place which I can call home. I am looking for a new challenge and for some reason cannot find it here in my country of birth. I have considered many options but alas Africa is my home and it would be terrible to leave this old dark continent. So, with the list of options slightly trimmed down, I have set my heart on Namibia which (a) isn't too far away from home (family and parents will always be important) and (b) isn't too far north (or northeast or east for that matter). In my view, Namibia is an attractive option for those who prefer a simpler lifestyle compared to the glammy, glitzy and edge-of-your-seat pace of the large metros of SA (Pretoria, Johannesburg and Cape Town in particular).

Of course, relocation to Namibia is a serious move which can only be pulled off if things like long-term / permanent employment can be acquired (citizenship may also be a problem but with a job in hand I may have a more persuasive case). Of the scarcity of work in Nambibia I am well aware but also anticipate the availability of positions for skilled / professional personnel. I am a process engineer (graduated as a chemical engineer from the University of the Witwatersrand in 2005) and have been working with several reputable firms on major projects... In my mind there is no doubt that skilled I am in what I do (even if I have to say so myself).

As a starting point, it would be great to hear from fellow bloggers and their opinion of the likelihood of me pulling of this bold quest. Also on whether I am misinformed or too optimistic about Namibia...

Anyway, all of the best to you all! I hope to soon be blogging away with all my new friends!

Welcome to Expat.com Seef!

Thanks for your intro.;)
Wish you Good Luck in your research.

Harmonie.

Hi Seef,

You posted this a while ago...are you still interested in Namibia?  If so, I could offer my point of view.  Let me know.

Cheers