Trying to find a job for my wife

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help me. I am a British guy working and living in Rawdah district.  My wife is Chinese  and I want to help her find a job in Riyadh, so she can join me here.
She is an English teacher in China at the moment and she  speaks excellent BBC English. She has also worked as a nanny in Beijing and worked with people from many countries. Does anyone know good  places to  find suitable jobs for her in Riyadh. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. She can be contacted at littlesmart88(at)yahoo.com

Evening star

Hello Evening star.

Have you tried to post an advert in the jobs in Riyadh section? It might help.

Good luck in your research,
Aurélie

Dear

Did your wife find a job or still looking if not pleas contact me on 0505480395

Regards,

Ali

amoneef wrote:

Dear

Did your wife find a job or still looking if not pleas contact me on 0505480395

Regards,

Ali

This looks and sounds sketchy as hell.

Actually it's difficult for female to work in Saudi Arabia, except schools and hospitals, Saudi government have restriction if you need to hire ladies, they must have separated section, with separated entrance and bathrooms, and no internal doors with their section, so most companies not willing to enter this maze.

My wife works in an international school.

Regards,
Ayman

What is the current situation for female expats working at the international schools?

As there has been issues with appropriate qualifications, iqama, transferring sponsorship etc. etc.

abarghouti wrote:

Actually it's difficult for female to work in Saudi Arabia, except schools and hospitals, Saudi government have restriction if you need to hire ladies, they must have separated section, with separated entrance and bathrooms, and no internal doors with their section, so most companies not willing to enter this maze.

My wife works in an international school.

Regards,
Ayman

u need transferring sponsorship!!!

And what if the dependant wishes to leave te job?

Is it a straight process to transfer back to husband

There is a clear part and fuzzy part.

The clear part is:
1- From the point for ministry of education, The females can work in an international schools only for jobs that Saudi women can't do like teaching math, science, ..., but not for something like teaching Arabic, Islamic, Sport, Art... Actually still many expat teachers still teaching these topics because they didn't find Saudi teachers who can work for more than one month in the same place.
2- For any female to work she must be in Saudi with valid dependent residence permit "Iqama" for her husband, dependent means they will print on her Iqama in Arabic "Dependent, not allowed to work".
3- Any expat employee in international schools, they must pass an interview with ministry of education, after passing this interview, they will request some papers to issue a work permit valid for one educational year and only for this school, this means she can't work in different school on the same permit, one of the papers required is experience letter for three to five years in schools.
4- Most schools can't issue any work visa for teachers outside Saudi Arabia.
5- Salaries are very low, in average 2000-4000 Riyal per month, but the school will give discount at most 50% on childrens, for me I have three which means good offer, if you don't have children then her work will cost you more than her salary.

The fuzzy part is:
1- Ministry of interior and ministry of education saying that you can't re-issue a new work permit for next year in the same school, so the employee must transfer her Iqama to the school or work in different school.
2- Transferring Iqama means the school owner must pay 12 month salaries, in addition to health insurance and air tickets, which still not acceptable from schools owners.
3- Transferring Iqama will cost 2000 Saudi Riyals for first time, 4000 for second, 6000 after second, 2000 Saudi Riyals equivalent to 533 USD. Transferring Iqamas is straight forward process but it will cost each time, for example from husband to school 2000 Riyal then if no luck then from school to husband 4000 Riyal means 6000 Riyals in total 1600 USD.

Till now the experience still not clear and the roles could be changed as usual, but what clear till now is the work permit must be issued, and I didn't heard about any teacher who moved her Iqama to school till now, even my wife.

Regards,
Ayman

Thanks for your message

Very insightful

Thumbs up from me.