Police Clearance for Work Visa

Hello All,

I live in the United States and am going to Kuwait to teach.
I have been doing some research on my own about obtaining my work visa and getting all my documents in order. While on the Kuwaiti Consulate website under work visa instructions it only list that a "police clearance" is necessary. Does that mean a State Clearance for the Dept of Justice would suffice or do I need an FBI clearance?

Please someone please clarify.

I know that a lot of countries are changing their requirements to only the state clearance but has Kuwait too?

Dear KSFM, welcome to Expat.com, hope you find what you are looking for here. Your question has been raised previously, please browse through the forum and you'll locate other Americans who put up a step-by-step procedure for obtaining all the necessary paperwork to work in Kuwait.

Crittle being the latest, look for her posts and subsequent answers.

Hope this helps :)

I called the consulate because I wanted to save time and  did not want to search through the blog for my answers(sorry guys). So i thought what better than to go to the source.

I was told on the phone, that for US citizens only the State background check is required for a work visa and not the FBI one. Hope this helps.

I see you found the answer! You should be able to go to the local police department for this. Don't make the same mistake I did and get it too early though. It has to be dated after your work permit is issued. That is the stage I'm in now...waiting for my work permit (NOC) to arrive so I can go get another police clearance done.

Congrats on the job! What do you teach?

ya..i think pcc(police clearance certificate) is mandatory after getting the visa.It proves your nature inside your home country whether you are having any criminal record or not.. Am an Indian & the employer has informed me to issue the pcc..So am also hoping to finish the process as early as possible..gudluck ya all.

I have a list of each state's agency to contact to get your clearance if you need it.  I live in New Jersey and had to go through the State Police and get fingerprinted.  I did that on this past Friday and already got the clearance in the mail today.  It cost $41.  Each state is different.  And remember, don't order your clearance until after your NOC is ready.

I would like to get the list you have for the police clearance please.  I am from Texas and am trying to finish my work visa and they are telling me that I need the PCC now.  Can you help me?  Thanks!

Hello whb,

Welcome to Expat-Blog..:)

I would like to inform you that this discussion is not active since June 2012.

Thank you
Yuveshen

whb wrote:

I would like to get the list you have for the police clearance please.  I am from Texas and am trying to finish my work visa and they are telling me that I need the PCC now.  Can you help me?  Thanks!

This post is wrong in it's assumptions ... go to the Kuwait Embassy website for Washington DC... read there criteria for authenticating documents including that of PCC's ... they "will not" authenticate state clearances ... it "must" be FBI only ... DC website / Consular Services / Personal Documents / Police Clearance ... note the other personal documents as well for you may need some ... and they'll also first need to be certified by the US Department of State in DC ... the whole process takes about three to four weeks 'minimum' ... (I've already walked this walk)

Good Luck