Childcare or similar

Hi, i hope somebody can help me and willing to reply few questions for me.
We are moving to Douala before the end of this year and we have 2 years old daughter.

a) Is there any childcare around or something similar I can rely on?
b) can woman work in offices? How difficult is for a woman to find a job?
c) is it safe to ship our personal effects to Douala by container?

I look forward to hearing some good news.

Thank you so much

Hello Fesika and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

Harmonie.

Hi,  i am  a lady, English teacher i just read your questions on expatblog contact me on [email protected] for the answers explain about your self more in your email please.

hi uwase
why don't you answer her in the forum it w'll be helpfull for other people in the same situation

:one paulo22

hello,

Of course, there is child care in Douala, you can get a nanny or  a baby sitter at a cheap rate.Women do work in offices.
getting a job will depend on what you are trained in.
There are a lot of oil and gas companies here in douala, and getting a job, with proper qualifications will pose absolutely no problems.
yes you can ship your goods, but customs here are the problem.You shall have to be patient in them.If you have any other querries, do not hesitate to contact me on, my email; [email protected]

Hi Fesica let me reply you on the blog as someone suggested for your first question it is easy to find a child care around. the second queqtion women can work depending what thye can do. Thirdly it is safe to bring your things thru a containers are so many companies here for that. Welcome

Thank you for the replies, which are very useful!
We have a 2 years old toddler. is it safe to come and live there with her or would you suggest differently?

Hi Fesika. I'll be moving to Douala with a 1 year old this April. How was your transition to Douala with your toddler? Any advice/ suggestions? Any recommendations on playgroups or SAHM meet up?

Hello Renisme,

Please note that this thread has not active since the year 2012. You can however create a new thread in the Douala forum or participate in the more recent threads.

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

Thanks!!