- New member
- From: Mumbai
- Registered: 2012-06-01
- Posts: 1
I am moving from India to Porto in next 3 months with 2 small kids of 7 and 5 years..Need information on below -
1. How easy it is to settle down in porto.
2. What is the cost of living.
3. International school for kids.
4. Is there any Indian community.
- From: Porto
- Registered: 2011-01-24
- Posts: 24
Re: Pls help
1. You'll settle easily if you learn the language, people are very welcoming.
2. Living is not very expensive compared with the rest of europe, for 400 euros you get a 2 bedroom apartment in the centre, and it is sometimes cheaper to eat out tha cook at home. For 1 week I usually spend 25 euros per person at the supermarket. The problem is more to find a job...
3. There is a school called CLIP where they teach in english but it is quite expensive. If you plan on staying long, they might as well go to a normal school and learn the language.
4. No idea about an indian community in Porto, but don't worry, you won't need it