Expats in El Rehab Ciry, Cairo

our FIRST Rehab-Expat meeting is now confirmed for La Poire(in the Rehab Club/Nadi) for Friday, June 22nd at 7:00 p.m. So far we have 4 expats confirmed for this. Hope to see more there!

Hi Mimi
Many thanks for organising this.
I have been folloing this post and gained more interest.
I am also new in Egypt and would love to make it to this meeting.
I live in Meraag near Carrefour which I beleive is a 10 minutes drive by taxi to Rehab. I hope this meeting is not only for Rehap residents. if it is not an issue please count me in.
Cheers
Nassman

Nassman wrote:

Hi Mimi
Many thanks for organising this.
I have been folloing this post and gained more interest.
I am also new in Egypt and would love to make it to this meeting.
I live in Meraag near Carrefour which I beleive is a 10 minutes drive by taxi to Rehab. I hope this meeting is not only for Rehap residents. if it is not an issue please count me in.
Cheers
Nassman

Everyone is welcome to come! The more the merrier and I'm glad to see that people are interested.

that's today guy :D , Finally u gonna meet

Wish U Luck ;)

I have to say that our 1st meeting was a great success. I was very happy with the turnout and got to meet some very wonderful people.

I was wondering how often does everyone want to do this. In the past I've done meetups that met bi-weekly or monthly. so which do you prefer?

I have been thinking of future events and here are some ideas. We can put it up to a vote or do them all...lol. just let me know what you think.

1) Day trips-we can choose a location within driving distance like Ein Al Sokhna. It's a resort area but it can be done as a day trip..stuff like that

2) As we call can see on our calendars, Ramadan is fast approaching. I was thinking of doing something for iftar, maybe once a week but as I still have time to organize this. If you do have suggestions, please do share them.

Hey. that was great meeting all of you. Thanks again to Mimi for organising this.
I would like to do this regularly and a trip to a resort sounds good.
cheers

Hello, iam Egyptian,live near by elRehab city, i would like to make new friends :)

Thank you Nassman for the kind words. It's all my pleasure.

I'll be posting our next outing shortly..just have to confirm a few things. :)

Unfortunately I was unable attend this event but will keep my eye's peeled for the next
Good work meems

thank you Meems for this very successful meeting,
It was a pleasure to meet all of you and I must admit that `it makes my expatriation more pleasant
Thank you for the organization, for the wellcoming, for the restorant choice, but especially for all the movement from a door to another door to give us access to the club,
I hope that in the next meeting we will have more people to share more

all the best

LOL! yes, I did get some great exercise that night..I'm very happy to see that everyone enjoyed their time as well. Insha Allah the next meeting will be a place with easier accessibility. most likely outside of Rehab.

Hi,i am from Lebanon,i'm Telecom engineer, i'm staying near Zamalik..i don't know where is Rihab ,,,, waiting for updates

agdiab wrote:

Hi,i am from Lebanon,i'm Telecom engineer, i'm staying near Zamalik..i don't know where is Rihab ,,,, waiting for updates

Hello ..... Too many telecom people here :) ..... Egyptian in Sudan over here .... E/// as well?

Zamalek is West Cairo. Rehab is a suburban community East of Cairo (on Cairo-Suez Road).

we're not just going to meet in Rehab, which is about an hour(with traffic) from Zamalek. I'm going to try to have it spread around in areas where the other members are located. at the moment the next meeting looks like it's going to be in Nasr City which I think is closer to Zamalek.

meems74 wrote:

Rehab, which is about an hour(with traffic) from Zamalek.

That is quite an optimistic estimate :D

meems74 wrote:

Hello, my name is Mimi and I just moved to El Rehab City 7 weeks ago. I'm originally from NYC (born and raised in the big apple) and I'm looking to make new friends in the area. I was wondering if anyone knew of any expat groups in el rehab. if you do, please share the info. I'd be very happy to start making friends.

If there aren't any then I'd love to get one started :)

Welcome meems74 enjoy ur staying :cheers:

thanks to all, i am very happy to join you ... The problem i dont havea car, so long travels is difficult, anyway i;ll keep updated for any nearby meeting ... enjoy our day :)

bump up

Hello Every one here :) ... My name is Hassan and i really would like to join you all in one of your meetings .... when and where is it going to be this time :) . goood day/night for alll of you .

:up:

thanks Julien, much appreciated.

welcome

We're a Canadian / UK couple living in Rehab with a six year old and an eight week old. Looking for other westerners in Rehab to meet up with, particularly with kids. We'll be back at the end of August. We live behind the food court. We'll be joining the club this year, which we didn't do last year.

hello everybody, actually i have a place in rehab but i live in maadi i come to rehab every now and then and everybody i knew in rehab already left egypt :D anyway it gonna be nice to have more friends now :D i wold like to join ur outing, Can i ? :D

meems74 wrote:
amarka wrote:

@ The Egyptian
I am in 94 so yes it existe :) its the new rehab

@meems74
All ok for rehab group, if I can help on the organisation please let me know.

all the best

I'm going to start a new thread called "Rehab Group Meetings". I'll post ideas on there and we'll see how it goes. I'm open for suggestions as well.

Nice initiative, I'm in. Do you have another meeting planned? Or let's plan it. Oasis could be good, as it's close to the ring road.

I also will be looking out for the next meeting. Would be great to make some friends locally

here's the next event..

Al Azhar Park
Friday, August 24, 2012 at 7:00pm

exact location in park TBD

hey all,

very interesting post, and thanx for the poster allot :)

i live in rehab for over a year now, I'm in group 74 between gates 17 and 13, i love it here and do enjoy the peaceful and quite, i got friends living in madeinty and new cairo, and 6 years in egypt i believe gave me a good view of cairo places,

would be honored to join any group you will make as its a great exposure to all the cultures and activities that can be happening :)

please keep me update if you would like to have me around ;)

regards.

T.A

kusakanya wrote:

Hi,

I am a Female Massage Therapist and very new here in Rehab City and I would like to link up with friends from around.

Welcome in our city,im in Rehab too,we can drink a coffe together when you have time

Hello,
i'm new in el rehab city and like to get ladies friends with or without kids and get some fun :)

Hi All,

Im legal advisor, Egyptian, PhD researcher in the contracts law, live in Cairo but I travel to UAE , I like to know and meet and gain new friends... I believe that Allah created the people different in the race, languages & place to exchange and share the experience knowledge..... I travel between Cairo and Dubai and Malaysia for work every few.

btw I like know new people with new culture.

GBU.

Abdelmonem Khalifa

[Moderated: :offtopic: ]

EXPATS:
if you're interested in attending our next meetup please just send me a private message indicating such. I will respond to all messages as soon as I receive them. Our group is growing into a very diverse, unique and quite entertaining bunch. So if you're interested in meeting fellow expats then please join us. I don't post the locations of future meetups on Expat.com. they are all sent via private messages or via email.

Wow, too many posts...
Couldn't read them all of course, anyway, just a little advice, if your on to Tivoli, go there early like a sunday morning or something, obviously because its extremely crowded, and I my self ain't a big fan of it. If it was me who'd host a gathering or a meet up, Rehab would be the place :)

Cheers,

Hi everyone, interesting. I am an expat living in Cairo since 2003 and moved to Rehab couple of years back. its a nice place to live and enjoy your free time. As i am into internet marketing and web designing, i have decided to start a whole website for Rehab residents (local or expats). Reading this blog gives me idea that there definitely needs to be a corner for expats and of course some free service to find a living.

PS: TIVOLI that i know is in Omar ibn Khattab St. in Nasr City, its a good place for a variety of food outing.

Tivoli is in Heliopolis, not Nasr City :)

I get confused with Omar ibn Khattab st. it touches both Nasr and Heliopolis i guess. Thanks for reminding:)

Hi Mimi

we live too in Rehab City and we moved from Australia to here - Mimi, there is a great need for english native speakers to teach privately a young girls here in rehab - If you have interest, pls drop me a mail    [email protected].

Thanks

any expats in Madinaty?

don moe wrote:

any expats in Madinaty?

I am an expat from Madinaty. not in Madinaty