Tango and Jive lessons in Jakarta

Hi Everyone !

so before I further type my thoughts I'd like to apologise that this would be partly moaning abt situation ( and maybe someone could advise me regarding the issue)

So I went for Tango class in the UK for £5 per session and it costs £15 in Jakarta. Does not make any sense at all. And further if you go to milonga ( Tango dance party)  you need to bring your own male taxi dancer which will cost you between £ 60 to £150 per night. Besides that its silly yo BYO a male partner with you !! it just  not making any sense to my liking.

I want it to be an event you know? not service buying ?

My Tango life is so damn stuck here. I don't know what I expect. Maybe a a male who does tango would be nice to meet up and dance or further information or maybe invitation or something...i don't know what.

Ok that's on Tango....another one is I want to learn Jive. If there is any male partner who can show up or any information for Jive around Kuningan/Thamrin/Rasuna/ Menteng/Semanggi.......or anywhere near that area....that'd be wonderful !

Ok now hopefully replies are coming  :whistle::happy:

wow, tango and jive, unfortunately i dont dance. i have two left feet.. i do hope you find someone. :)

Classic ! You're not the first with 2 left feet i know lol. Thanks :)

Heya all 1 have just find a commumnities in Kuningan area. Thinking of giving it a try this weekend.
For an info by glance check this out : milongas-in.com/milongas-in-asia.php?c=Indonesia&sortby=location

There are workshops and milonga.

I am after the Fuchong guy event. If you want his contact please PM me.

Hi,
Moving to Jakarta next week from London, I am already a tango/ latin and ballroom dancer, would love all the info i can get regards classes/dances. Would hate to give it up.

OK, saw your message.  Just arrived in Jakarta staying in Rasuna and looking for dance venues.  Yes, it seems expensive here for some reason!

I used to dance but have not done so for about 7 years.

Yeshe

Hi, I love to ballroom dance too, i can dance anything as long as I have a good dance partner :), I am living at Kelapa Gading area, would love to know if there are dancing place that I could go there. Daytime is also best for me for workshop.

Try Jessica Stage in Grogol, West Jakarta. Very affordable price and Jessica is a very sweet woman. Her dance school is pretty well-known in Jakarta.

thanks for sharing the information Sophie, I have contacted Jessica via email, I hope to hear from her very soon. I am all excited now.

anyone wants to join ?

Riza A wrote:

thanks for sharing the information Sophie, I have contacted Jessica via email, I hope to hear from her very soon. I am all excited now.

anyone wants to join ?

Riza, you're welcome :)

But I think it would be better if you just call the place and set up a schedule for a try out. I went to that school about 2 years ago with a friend of mine, Jessica's dad is also running the school. You can call and ask him any kind of question :)