Buraydah living

can any one please tell me about living condition in buraydah and also a good international school for kindergarten up

Hello Mrs DH andf welcome to Expat.com!

Do not hesitate to browse through the different threads, it may help.;)

Harmonie.

i did browse harmonie but i am trying to get in touch with some one from buraydah
thank you

Hi Mrs DH

Well i go to buraydah once a week and the only thing i want to do is get out as quickly as possible !!
It seems to me as a brit ex pat that living conditions are pretty grim.

Not sure about schools as i have no children , but maybe others on here can help you

Good luck

Trevor

Trevor can you explain what you mean by grim I would really appreciate it thank you

absolutely no I am a muslim as well and i was surprised when he said grim i wanted to know his defination of grim might be life okay for me

Dear Madam
As per the comment of another correspondent -No I am not a muslim and if I was then maybe i would look at Buraydah and certainly Saudi Arabia in a different light.
My idea of grim is the lack of the following:
1. No european style compounds
2. Lack of sports facilities
3. Lack of suitable shopping facilities as regards food supplies
3. Nearly 400kms for Riyadh.
4. No international a-port.
5. Due to No 1 i have not met a feelow brit in all my time ig going there --same applies to Hail, Abu Hadriyah, Hassa, Jazan etc etc
For you it may be fine but that is my impression

No offence Trevor I am new to that area that is why I just wanted to know from different eyes what that saw thanks again God bless you

To all

please be advised that absolutely no offence was taken -- That is sometimes the problem with this type of format -that words are taken literally as there can be no expression given .
I can asure you that having been in the Middle East for over 30 years I have been in my time to far worse places that Buraydah, its that as you get older maybe i am looking for more

Regards

Trevor

i know what you mean i hope our move is good for our family any body knows about the pakistan international school in buraydah are there any other good schools over there

No body knows oak international school in buraydah

Hello any one

with full respect for previous posts , this view about Qassim region  not new , all of western visitors come to Qassim and stay in his room Mövenpick hotel until finish his business then leave ( by the way it has international Airport it has daily flight to Cairo shariah Dubai Manama and Riyadh jaddah)  , no one try to make a tour around  city or try to explore the region

in general , Saudi Arabia has been changed in last ten years , it has a new generation , a new horizon freedom ,  a new government plans all that reflect to people life , view  ,and open-minded  and buraydah is a part of Saudi

BTW Byraydah is capital of Al Qassim region  that contin three main cities Byraydah Onizah and Ar Rass

about your question there are three international schools in Byraydah :
1-EXCELLENCE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
http://eis-sa.net/st/misc.php?do=showrules

2- International Indian School Buraidah
http://www.iisburaidah.edu.sa/about.php

3- Alwesam international school

4- Pakistan International School, Buraidah,Saudi Arabia
http://pisbedu.com/

Thank you soo very much for your post very helpful and hopefull

Mrs DH wrote:

Thank you soo very much for your post very helpful and hopefull

any time :)

welcome in Al - Qassim , i hope you visit Ar Ras my hometown

I am counting days to start my life in buraydah

Mrs DH wrote:

I am counting days to start my life in buraydah

in which field ? teaching or medical

Hello all,
I will be moving to Buraydah next year. I am from canada with Pakistani origin. Do you have any information about expat  compound living  and more details of international schools. Is there any American/ Canadian or British school or any school that teaches American/ British syllabus .

Thanks

abhmd wrote:

Hello all,
I will be moving to Buraydah next year. I am from canada with Pakistani origin. Do you have any information about expat  compound living  and more details of international schools. Is there any American/ Canadian or British school or any school that teaches American/ British syllabus .

Thanks

hi abhmd

i think there is no expat  compound in Buraydah but there are a lot of Apartment buildings for facility you will work in it , Because all expatriates are working in to  Qassim university or hospitals

about international school syllabus , all of schools  using American syllabus

LaPalma.sa
this is one of the compound i hope this helps
thanks

Hi,

I'm currently living in Buraydah, Qassim. It certainly is different to Riyadh and Jeddah but I enjoy my time here. I'm hopeful that with time there'll be more things to do socially so if you're living in Buraydah please contact me.

If anybody has any further questions, I'm happy to try and help so please message me.

can you tell me a little more about buraydah are there any facilities for kids what is the social life like I am still not there but sooon hopefully will be there

Mrs DH wrote:

No body knows oak international school in buraydah

I dont think Pakistan International school will be there..

are there any sports facilty for kids

Can you please tell me how long did u have to wait for your iqama

Please from your exp. in international schools. which one is the best

a waiting your replay

Hi there are  three schools that I know and have visited
Unaiza international school
Alwisam international school (near hotel salman )
Excellence international school also known as Tamayuz off of king Fahd road infront on haya noor
They are same caliber schools you can visit them and make up your mind
If  you need any information I will be more than happy to provide it
There is an international Indian school
Pakistan internatinal school
Philippine internatinal school
Jazak Allah
Mrs DH

Many thanks Mrs DH,
Actually I need to know from your visit which one do you think  is the best one (Environment, level of eduacation, qualifications, quality...).. looking to hearing from you and thanks again

hey DH.am an expatriate am a kenyan living in buraydah. welcome all.

I am so sorry for late reply .actually from my visit I likes the tamayuz or excellence international school the kindergarten section to be better than others .unaiza international school is also very good .
My child is attending alwisam which is okay as well.
I hope I have helped some how really u must visit your self to judge
Jazak Allah
Mrs haider

Where are you staying and how do you keep busy
Hope you have a wonderful time

Dear Mrs HD,

Many thanks for your replay

I'll visit them all and try to built my own judge, many thanks for your support. do you find  any facilities for kids ? social life ?

A waiting your replay

It is my pleasure .i just know about couple of parks and that is it noting major I am sure in the bigger cities there must be more things
Good luck in your endeavors
Mrs DH

Mrs DH

plz can u share ur experience about buraydah?is it a gud place to live with family as i come to know that the locals are very conservative there as compare to other reign in Ksa ,environment is not to much friendly.

regards

hello

i want to know about the school plus environment in buriada as we r cuming next month.can u plz guide me in this regards.

thanks
Maria

Dear
This place in nothing like dammam ,there are only 5 schools here that are international, the education standard is just okay not like in big cities .it is a very conservative city  ,we live in a compound so I cannot speak for living in a private house.I have visited riyadh and other cities this is very different .
If any thing in particular u need to know plz let me know I will,be glad to,help
Thanks
DH

thanks for reply ..

hello madam
i m in buraidah right now.first thing which is really surprising for me when i went out.i was the only person without Niqaab even Philippines wearing niqaab Yes it is totally different from Dammam and Khober.i feel the people are not friendly i have mix feelings in my first visit . plz can u send me the addresses of schools(alwisam,excellence)also suggest me which school is better.my son is 5 years old and finished his KG1.i m really worried about his education and environment.

regards

Mrs Saqib

Hi
I'm going to visit Buridah by the end of the next week( probably on Tuesday) to visit my relatives. I know its hard to fit in this place, If u want me to introduce u guys to a local family, I can hook you up with them. I don't know if they speak English. But it's a good thing to learn about their culture and life style

Assalamu alaikum.

r u still in buraidah? hows the experience u got there?