Need help...moving soon!

Hello, I am new here. My husband and myself, along with our three kids will be moving to Antigua in a few months. Housing, job, etc are not an issue. It's getting everything ready to go! Can anyone give any info on things I need to do before we move? What should we sell/bring, vaccinations for myself and kids, precautions and ANY other tips would be greatly appreciated!! We are excited about this change but a little scared with all that has to be done! Thanks so much!!

Hello Lucky family.

I lived in Antigua for only a few months, back in 2010.  I loved it very much.  I didn't require any vaccinations, I am Canadian.  I believe I noticed you are from the US, so I wouldn't think you would require any either. Tip #1 is to wear bug spray at dusk.  there are tiny bugs you can't even see that will give you the itchiest bite you've ever felt. 

As far as what you should sell or bring, that I can't help to much.  I lived there for such a short time, and lived in a furnished apartment, that I didn't miss anything specific.

I hope you have a fantastic adventure.

HI there. are you in antigua now ?

Hello peterazeh,

This thread is dated 2012. You will surely get some responses if you participate on more recent threads of the Antigua and Barbuda forum

All the best
Bhavna