BRAZIL FORUM CODE OF CONDUCT

This Code of conduct has been realized with the collaboration of William James Woodward - Brazil Animator

INTRODUCTION: Before writing, we invite you to have a look at the previous threads to make sure your topic wasnt already covered.
When starting a new thread, select smartly its title: the clearer it is, the more you will receive answers.
Ask one question at a time: it would be easier for the other members to answer. Of course, you can post other questions later.
Do not forget to introduce yourself: it will help to give you a personalized answer and it will be much more pleasant.

LANGUAGE:  ENGLISH is the official language for posting forum topics and replies in this part of the website. Out of respect for the majority of members of the Brazil Forum please do not use other languages for threads or replies. If you are not yet fluent dont worry, post in English anyway. Nobody will pick on you; we all appreciate your trying to comply with the rules.

If you would like to post in French, please go to the French speaking forum; for Spanish, please go to the Hispanic forum.

GET-TOGETHERS / MEET-UPS: Please feel free to organize Expat.com get-togethers in the city where you live, happy hour, dinner gatherings, study groups, etc. They are an excellent way to get to know other Expat.com members in your area and we could help you to organize the Expat.com meet ups.

OPINIONS: Everyone (Brazilian and foreigner alike) has a fundamental right to form and express their own opinions, provided that these are not abusive or obscene. The entire concept of this forum is to promote the free exchange of information and ideas  no individual member is a self-appointed censor. It is not acceptable to criticize or abuse another member in any way for simply expressing their opinion or making a personal observation.
If you find the opinion expressed offensive you should not take matters into your own hands nor should you make any abusive comments, you are free to report it in the usual way (click on the Report link at the bottom right hand corner of the post), it will be reviewed by the Expat.com Team. Only if they deem it inappropriate will any action be taken. If you wish to respond expressing an opposing opinion or clarifying some point you certainly may do so.
The Expat.com forum is dedicated to expat related matters. Topics related to politics or religion wont be accepted.

The moderation team reserves the right to intervene if necessary.

ADVERTISING: If your thread is of a commercial nature, essentially advertising a product, service, seeking or offering a job, offering or seeking accommodations please do not post it as a forum topic USE THE DEDICATED SECTIONS you will find in the menu that appears on the left side of the forum page. It will have exactly the same exposure as a forum posting and we will all appreciate your cooperation. Of course if your posting is essentially seeking advice by all means post it as a forum topic.

If you want to post a job offer or if you are looking for a job, please post on the Brazil Jobs section.

If you are looking for an accommodation or want to offer one, please go to the Brazil Housing section.

For everyday life matters, please post your ad in the Brazil classifieds.

If you want to promote your services, please register in the Business directory or have a look at our Advertising page.

ABUSIVE OR INAPPROPRIATE POSTINGS: Any postings deemed to be abusive, offensive or obscene will be immediately removed. If you find a posting offensive or inappropriate please report it by clicking on the word REPORT which appears at the bottom right hand corner of the posting. To know more about our criteria, we invite you to have a look at our Terms and Conditions.

The forum code of conduct may be subject to changes. We invite you to check it regularly.

DATING: Please keep in mind that Expat.com IS NOT A DATING OR MATCHMAKING SERVICE. Do not post forum topics either seeking or offering a romantic relationship. If you respond to another members thread seeking to meet new friends keep it as just that FRIENDS.

Thank you!

Hello Julie,

My name is Lacey Spivey.  I am coming to Rio (staying with friends on the Ilha do Governador) 20 June.  I know many Brasileros (as) and one American who lives there.

I am wondering if there is an organization of Americans that get together from time to time.  I would love to celebrate the Fourth with fellow Americans.

Thanks for your attention.

Lacey

Hello Lacey.

Welcome to Expat.com!

I invite you to start a new thread on the Brazil forum and ask your questions as well. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Two things that I would like to point out to all new members on the Brazil Forum.

Both regarding PRIVATE MESSAGES:

1.  Please do not contact Expat-blog complaining that you can not send private messages. Your access to private message privileges is not automatic; you must 'activate' your messaging privileges by first participating in the forum. You must post a forum topic or reply to a post before you can send messages. The more you participate in the forum the larger your mailbox becomes.

2.  SPAM is not permitted in any way. SPAM is defined as unsolicited, unwanted and annoying private messages. Copy and Paste messages make up the bulk of the SPAM sent. If you send out more than five (5) copy and paste type private messages your sending privileges will be automatically blocked by the anti-spam system. If you are locked out for copy and paste, do not ask Expat-blog to reinstate your privileges.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog

My English is not good, but i will try to participate.

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u531/wjwoodward/DATESITE_zps40374a09.jpg

Just so that everybody is clear on this, Expat-blog is not a dating site. I have a zero tolerance policy for violations of this rule. Any postings seeking or offering personal / romantic relationships will result in cancellation of your membership, no exceptions.

Ladies, (or gents) if you receive unsolicited private messages seeking or offering personal / romantic relations then click on the ACTIONS button, which you will find in the "Conversation with _____ " line at the top, then click on REPORT. Fill out the information describing the report and click OK. This will send a copy of the offending message to TEAM and it will be dealt with very quickly and in the most severe manner.

Cheers,
James       Expat-blog Experts Team

I am glad this only applies to the Brazil forum.

@ Nards Barley > In fact Nards, this rule applies to all countries. ;)
Dating is not tolerated on Expat.com and severe sanctions are taken against them, thats what James wanted to point out here.  :)

Have a nice day

Priscilla  :cheers:

Three years on Expat.com and nobody has asked me out on a date.   :sosad: I would imagine most of the offenders of this rule are dudes.

Hi. I'm not a new member, but I haven't posted to the forums until now. I'm an Irishman who has lived in the Brazilian Amazon for 10 years, and have just finished writing two books, one of them a short story available freely from Smashwords. I thought it/they might be of interest to new and existing forum members, but I don't want to break any rules. I looked for the 'menu on left of the forums', but can't see it. Can I post something, and if so where/how?

Thanks for any help.
Regards
Clive Maguire

Hi Clive

I believe you might be better off starting your own blog here in Expat.com.  The details for which I believe can be accessed by clicking on the  3 horizontal bars on the top left of the screen then choosing community and then clicking on Blog.

Afterwards maybe you can post excerpts of your book or maybe start off on new postings itself about your adventures here in Brazil

Regards

Okay - many thanks for this, Stanza51.
I'm looking into it now!

You are welcome :)

Have a good one!!

Thanks for posting it.

Jim

Very interesting.
What is it about?
Is it about any research, about flora, fauna?

Breaks my heart to think that our sweet expat member William James was killed in Brazil. My sincere condolences for his family on your great loss. You would be in my thoughts and prayers bud! Thanks for all your help on expat!  :heart:

Sorry for the loss of your friend. Life is precious.