Healthcare in Russia

Hi,

how does the healthcare system work in Russia ? Is it efficient ?

What are the main differences between public and private sectors?

Is it recommended to purchase private health insurance in Russia?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience !

Julien

I'd say that the healthcare system in Russia is fairly good. It's free to the public. The basic services that it provides are adequate for general purposes. This doesn't mean you will get the best of care, but it's available at no cost. The private system is much better with the quality of services being much higher and not that expensive. I've had to use the system for a minor surgery which was done in a state of the art hospital here in Kazan. What I was surprised at was after care was minimal, it is expected that the family will provide this in the hospital itself. My overall experiences have been quite positive. I'd say that private health insurance is just not necessary.

Hello,
I am living in Moscow and the healthcare services might be a bit different from other parts of Russia.
We pay an International Insurance who pays for the private services, so we go to GMS or EMC because they speak English. But if you pay from your own pocket It is horribly expensive. You can find very good care with public services but if you don't speak speak Russian, it is better to bring someone for translation. The system doesn't pay for most medications. Many drugs are not available in Russia,  so check before you move and bring enough supply if you have a chronic condition.

Hello,
I am living in Moscow and the healthcare services might be a bit different from other parts of Russia.
We pay an International Insurance that covers most costs in the private services, so we go to GMS or EMC because they speak English. But if you pay from your own pocket It is horribly expensive. You can find very good care with public services but if you don't speak Russian, it is better to bring someone for translation. The system doesn't pay for most medications. Many drugs are not available in Russia,  so check before you move and bring enough supply if you have a chronic condition.

Please tell me where I can get a free medical service. My hand had been torn from the rest 7 months ago and I did operation in Public institute hospital. But now still paining me. I went back to the DR. who did me the micro nerves sewing operation and showed him where I have pain and some swollen nerves in the operation place.But he asked for X rays photo and told me to do it in another place to decide what is wrong in my nerves.

Please advise me where to have this photo for free

Thanks

Has any expat the right to use public healthcare? Or what should be my condition here in order to be able to go there?