About work permit for work in malta

HI I am from New delhi ,india and i want to know how can i get a work permit to work in malta .

i have a hospitality degree and also work experience in hospitality and also i am an MBA IN human resource .

is there anyone who can guide me how to get a work permit  or is there any consultancy who can help on this .

and how is the future in  malta  if i get work permot  then in how many year will i get the citizenship of malta .

Hello arun_rawat2002 and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

Do not hesitate to browse through the forum.

Harmonie.

Hi arun,

welcome to the forum.

As an Indian citizen you will never qualiify for Maltese citizenship even if you are granted a work permit and residency for one year at a time.

The future in Malta is as uncertain as anywhere else in Europe and the world.

Check out the sections about work and visas on the forum. That should give you good information about the process.In any case you will need to find an employer willing to apply for your work permit which is not that easy.

If you have any questions after reading the existing posts feel free to ask!

I wish you luck .

Cheers
Ricky

Hi Arun,

If you want to work in Malta you have to contact ET (Employemnt and Training corporation) and ask them how it works when being Indian. I am sure that they can help you, here are their contact details: http://www.malta.com/en/local-informati … orporation

Also, I checked all the embassies and consulates in Malta for you and there does not seem to be an Indian one. Perhaps you want to contact another one?
http://www.malta.com/en/local-informati … ce/embassy

Please let us know if you need help with anything else.

Hi Anna,

there actually is the High Commission of India in St. Venera but in general they will not help that much with work related and visa related questions . Embassies usually are very diplomatic and leave you on your own when dealing with local authorities.

Do you happen to be connected to malta.com in anyway? I'm aware of the fact that Antonella is content manager ! Most of your comments relate to the quoted website.

Cheers
Ricky

Hey Rick,

That's a shame, you would think that they would be more helpful!

I am not, but Antonella is a friend of mine and when I moved here from Sweden she helped me with a lot of things and now i know where to find it online :)

Hi Anna,

I have had and heard of experiences with the American,British and German embassies. They usually don't want to help you too much against local authorities as they are more concerned about their personal careers and pleasant life styles.

There are many malta info websites , not just the one you mentioned . The info given there is usually very general and in cases wrong. It is geered at tourists and not so much future residents.

Cheers
Ricky

Thanks for your comment. I think that website is quite complete and useful for residents as well, there are pharmacies, hospitals, police stations, post offices etc listed. But sure there are many good sited with information about Malta :)

ricky wrote:

The info given there is usually very general and in cases wrong.

I just had a quick look at that website, and within a couple of seconds found a serious error

"For foreigns, medical treatment from government-funded hospitals and clinics is free."

only if you qualify

Please not that it says " All EU nationals resident in Malta are eligible to receive free medical treatment from government-funded hospitals and clinics. Please keep in mind that each country's health care system is different and what is included free of charge might be different than in your country of origin.

Checking with your insurance what costs they cover when seeking treatment abroad is recommended.

As you seek medical treatment you will be treated by the doctor on duty at the time of your visit, it is not possible to register with a doctor of your choice.

Make sure that they doctor who is treating you is contracted into the state scheme for free service. Make sure that you bring your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) with you."

It maybe in more detail elsewhere, but on the page below its very misleading

http://www.malta.com/en/local-information

Health care

As you seek for medical treatment in Malta you can choose between the different health care facilities around Malta, Public health care that is financed by the Maltese State and covers practically any treatment, or the Private Clinics that works through insurance coverage.

For foreigns, medical treatment from government-funded hospitals and clinics is free.

Thanks for this, even though i still think it's a very good site overall.

Anna0001 wrote:

Please not that it says " All EU nationals resident in Malta are eligible to receive free medical treatment from government-funded hospitals and clinics. "

but they aren't, only those who qualify are - residency, even for EU nationals, doesn't guarantee you eligibility to free medical treatment