Considering moving to uganda

i live in zambia. my husband was offered a new job in kampala. his company will process a work visa for him. what type of visa should i get? how developed is kampala? is there dstv or some other cable tv network available? mobile phone service? internet service? are there malls

Hi and welcome to Expat.com vnjungu!

Have you tried browsing the Kampala forum?
It could help!

Regards
Armand

Hi Vnjungu

You will love Kampala! Expat life is great.

please feel free to check out my blog. I've lived in Kampala for three years , so far :)

we have DSTV and a number of mobile phone operators, including MTN, Warid, orange and UTL. Internet speed is improving and you can usually Skype.

There are a number of shopping malls (personally I don't like them, but they can be convenient) and big-name supermarkets like GAME and ShopRite. I would say that you can buy anything in Kampala these days, although it may be more expensive than you're used to paying.

There is loads to do socially. Bars weekends away, to the lake or on Safari :) in the evenings. There are social clubs that include salsa, Scottish dancing, poetry, running (I'm a Hash House Harrier, for ex), the list is endless. Kampala is a very accessible town and safe but traffic can be a nightmare.

See Diary of a Muzungu

If you have any other questions, just ask!

Good luck!
Charlotte