Meeting fellow English speaking people

It is my intention to come over to Moldova and stay for a period of six months next year.
I am a bit concerned I will miss the daily contact in English.
Are there many English speaking expats to make contact with ,and make new friends

Sizin blog hich Turk dilindia deel, ne oldu? Benim blog tarlev.com

hi! are u still here in moldova?

Hi Grahame - I don;t know if you managed to get to Moldova but I'm from Perth and just moved here. Let me know.....
Johnny

Hi Johnny,

I did not come to Moldova as planned for the six momths but I come back and forward a few times to be with my partner.
I am coming over on the 23rd of December until the 12th January.

What are you doing in Moldova ?

Regards

Grahame

Hi Grahame

Ah well, you'll know it well. It's freezing in Chisinau just now. I'm working for a charity over here as fundraising and office manager. Settling in alright.

I come home on 23 December for 10 days but I'll maybe catch you in the new year as I hope to come back around 3rd or 4th January.

How did you meet your partner?

Cheers

Johnny

Hi Johnny,

Nice to get yur reply,
If you think it is cold in Chisinau now wait until January.
I was over for six weeks last january and it was minus 28 at times.........bloody freezing.
Great weather from April on however, makes it worth it..
Yes it would be nice to meet up,my partner will be working some of the time so it will be good to get a blether at some point.I have been over about five times now and still don't know any Russian. Fortunatly my lass speaks great English and even understands some of my Dundonian slang.
Do you speak Russian, Modovan or Romanian.?
What made you want to work in Moldova? (apart from the beautiful women)
Believe it or not we meet on a Tartan Army trip (football) back in 2004 and started writing to each other.
We finally meet again a couple of years ago and got on so well we now intend to marry next year. She is going to give Scotland a try, hopefully she will settle (the weather is the problem , not the culture. She came over last Spring and loved it. She even liked Perth !!!!!

There is an English guy who runs a tourist company in Chisinau and does know a few Expats I will send you details.
How long are you going to be in Moldova.
Any jobs going if she can't settle in Scotland and wants home.

Enjoy the cheap beer !!!!!!!!!!!

Regards

Grahame

Hi johnny, Grahame and Marji,

I've just arrived in Chisinau with my hubby and baby. The hubby is working all day every day so i'm hunting down fellow English speakers. At the moment i've only got my 4 month old for company and am slowly forgetting how to communicate in anything but baby  talk. If you fancy meeting for coffee/beer let me know!

Hannah

Hi All
Yeah that sounds great. I arrive back in Chisinau on Sunday and look forward to meeting up. I'll PM you my number etc. Grahame - are you in Chisinau just now?
Cheers
Johnny

Hi John,

How is life treating you in Moldova.

Hope to be back sometime in April

I'll bring a Forfar Bridie for you !!!!!!!!!!

Grahame

Cheers Grahame, a forfar bridie and a bottle of ginger would be braw.
See you soon
John

Hello All,

First of sorry for my bad grammar and spelling...
i found this blog as i whas looking on google...
my wife,kids i myself Who come from the Netherlands are planning to move over to Moldova.
My wife is Moldavian.
We have numerous reasons to make this step back to her roots...and family.
anyways...i hoped U can give me a little bit more info about how you experienced the move...
i would like to get some info about taking our stuff over there..
whats allowed to take there (border wise).
is there anybody who experienced troubles with a working permit and such?

thanks in advance....

regards  Stef.

Hi Stef and welcome to Expat.com!

I would suggest you to start a new thread on the Moldova forum for better visibility.

Regards
Armand

ok i will Thx for your advice and welcome....

regards stef

Anybody for a beer tomorrow night?

hi my name is spencer,i come from basingstoke in hampshire,england.im looking for work in moldova,as my girlfriend is moldovan,but we would love to live 2gether,and also be 2gether.
if there is any english speaking people that know of jobs in moldova,can you please contact me thank you.

Hi Grahame

You can email me.

I am a Welshman living in Chisinau for 1 year.

Regards

Roff

email: [email protected]

Hi all. My name is Jonathan, but you can call me Jon. Always wanted to have English-speaking friends here. Planning to move to England soon. Any advice would be appreciated. Email me: [email protected]

i will be going in june this year..mike

Hello mike -> Maybe you can tell us more about yourself. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello my name Is Rudolf i am from the Armenian diaspora and lived in many different countries through my life. I recently have moved to Chisinau, Moldova with my Moldavian wife and daughter. My interests and hobbies are Music, Design and Fine Arts, cooking and traveling. I am interested in meeting English and French speeking expats... cheers !

Hi everyone! I was looking for some English clubs in Moldova but unfortunately there is no any of them or such meetings are organized very rare. But fortunately I found this forum :)

My name is Alex I am 26 and I am from Moldova. Just finished upper-intermediary level of English and I have big desire to practice it while I have some free time.

If you have some questions or just want to share a cup of beer do not hesitate to contact me!

luxpc@mail[dot]ru

[Moderated: pls post in the Tourist guide job offers in Moldova]

I just arrived here about 6 weeks ago with my lovely wife. Id like to meet other English speaking westerners who can share experiences, and maybe meet up for a pint sometime.