To be paid in US dollars or Mauritian Rupees?

Hi all,

I may have a chance to move to Mauritius on a salary of around £45 - £50K. It is just myself and my partner moving (we have no kids), so will this be a realistic wage for us both to live on in Grand Baie?

Also I have been asked to decide whether to be paid in US dollars or Mauritian Rupees. Can anyone advise on which would be best from a cost of living perspective.

My partner is an independent financial advisor in the UK, are there jobs available in Grand Bay for his profession.

Many thanks!!

Hello Cdapaah and welcome to Expat.com!

A new thread has been created in Mauritius forum for better visibility.;)

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.:)

Good Luck,
Harmonie.

Hello mate,

Am Fardeen from London as well, currently in Mauritius, visiting family and as an entrepreneur am involved into few businesses here. Yeah i bet you are relishing the oppoortunity to come down here don't you? Well one thing i can assure you, you'll be far from the great british weather. Life is much more relaxing here. Concerning your question whether you'll be more profitable to be paid in dollars, i guess so yeah like a USD is about 30 rupees, so i suppose you mite be better off taking this option. It's always nice to connect.Feel free to get in touch.

Regards,
Fardeen.

This is a question that has already been posted both in the English and the French forums. I think some people have chosen to be paid partly in rupees and partly in dollars. Rupees for spending here.