Where can you buy motorbike jackets in HCMC

I am looking for an actual motorbike jacket in HCMC. Not leather but something like cordura. Having trouble finding anyone that knows what I'm talking about. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi A_vanmaanen!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

Try this place :
Tino Motor
29/37 Doan Thi Diem, Q.PN

website is www.tinomotor.com.vn

That's great.

Thank you.

No problem there is another place down in Q7 called Superbike (I think) it's near the Lotte Mart, but I do not think it has sucha  good selection as this one.

Ok, we bought a coup,e of good jackets from Tino Moto. Great shop. We are now looking for full faced helmets. I found one shop that stocks the full faced Andres brand helmets, but only in XL size. Also found some high end AGV and Arai helmets but they a a little pricey. Last resort if no one knows where to get the Andres ones.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to help us out by the way.

Cheers

Ok just though of another place... Look out for Saigon Scooters, they have full face helmets price in between the Andres and AGV\Arai. European imports so a bit better quality than the Andres too.

Here is a place I got some good helmets and apparel before :

bikervietnam.com/bfrm/forumdisplay.php?f=456

Also there are may other shops here :

bikervietnam.com/bfrm/forumdisplay.php?f=28

But the first link is an actual Expat or VK who actually knows his stuff and import his items from the states and not fake items like some of the shops I have been too when I was living in Vietnam.

saigon scooters does look like it has a good range

http://www.saigonscootercentre.com/bike … _id=&s_id=

I got an HJC one from

http://www.xemotor.com/index.php

But I still wouldn't mind having something better. It's passed a QUATEST 1 test, which I think is a local standard.

They stock jackets is well, but they're fakes, similar prices to the first website recommended in this thread. The Armour moves around and I'm not an expert but the material itself doesn't seem to be good, badly sewn, etc.

Are the jackets actually good, not just cheap write offs, what did you end up choosing?

J.keats, cheers for the input. After a lot of hunting around I ended up getting helmet and jacket from www.tinomotor.com.vn (address on website). The jacket is a fake but made to an acceptable standard. Very well ventilated and has the armor in critical places. Ridden with the jacket for about 5 days now in some very humid conditions and it is holding up superbly. It's a copy of a Dainese summer road jacket. The helmet I bought from the same place is an LS2 road helmet - the model is called 'the big one'. Very comfortable and exceeds the level of impact safety you will need for riding in VN. It doesn't matter what you have your head if you get collected by a tourist bus going 100mph. This is just my opinion, hope it helps.

Cheers,

Anton.

another choice for those who want this style , see at umove.com.vn/San-pham/Du-lich-xe-may/QuanAo-di-xe-may/367-3261/Ao-Khoac-Xe-May-Arcticwear.aspx
this shop is based in Hà Nội

You can buy it at Cao Thắng street, district 3

I got tired of being splashed by VN drivers who think it's fun to speed through puddles, or rainwater from my rain cape, that soaked my pants leg.

I had been using Canadian "rubbers" which are overshoes made of very pliable rubber designed to pull over shoes when there is snow on the ground.

Now I use Givi booties, made in Italy, which come in small, medium and large sizes which have Velcro / zipper closure. Now I am splash-proof.

Got them from:

Tinomotor Store
29/37 Doan Thi Diem Street, Ward 1
Phu Nhuan District, Ho Chi Minh City
Work: 08-3995-0068
Mobile: +84-979-036-030Doan Thi Diem Street
Work: [email protected]
Work: TinoMotor.Com.VN

Owner speaks English, offers choices, doesn't hustle.

Use < www.diadiem.xom > for a map. Basically go up Hai Ba Trung to Quan 3, cross the sewage canal, HBT becomes Phan Dinh Phung.

Four or five lights later you hit a crossroads, hang a right on to Phan Dang Luu then another right on to a smaller street called Doan Thi Diem Street. Small frontage store, next to a garage store.

Hi, about good helmets you also can buy it on Thao Dien street in the district 2 of Ho chi minh city

They have large range of prices, sizes and models and there is no fake products.
I already bought 2 pieces around 100$ each in that shop and it s really quality helmets
All helmets meets and exceed DOT (american standards) and ECE (european standards)

And the owner told me that they will launch soon the helmet painting customization for 50$

Employees speak english and are also friendly  :)

Hi kaiser44,

Please note that this is quite an old thread (2012)
However, thank you for your contribution :)

Priscilla
Expat.com team