Brit wants to work/live in Mexico

Hello all,

I've visited Mexico a few times and have decided I would like to work and live there.
I'd appreciate any help or advice from people here, especially other Brits who have achieved this.
I'm trying to find into on the internet as well as contacting the Mexican Embassy in London, which unfortunately never answers the phone.

I have many years experience in child care as well as being a computer engineer.
My Spanish is unfortunately terrible but I do hope to improve especially should I eventually achieve my dream of living there.

So any suggestions, help or advice would be gratefully received

Thank you.

Hi, you could try to get in contact with a mexican university and maybe get a job as a teacher :)

Try to get a job as an English teacher, apparently that's the easy way. Do a TEFL online course too and that'll help.

I believe you can do spanish courses in various cities especially in Queretaro, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico City, and few more.

Check with British companies that have offices located in Mexico. Getting a job with them would be easier than getting a job with a Mexican company without a good knowledge of Spanish.

Hi
Lots of private schools in cancun need English teachers.
I suggest TEFL
Also if you can repair computers, especially apple macs, you could find private work very easily just advertise or make yourself a fb page or something.

But before you come, please learn some Spanish. Even just a week intensive course would help you. It is very tough coming here and not speaking hardly anything, trust me I did it, it is hard to make friends at first when you don't speak the language. Hard to sort out visas etc.

You will need an fm3 to work, which you can apply for once you get here, your tourist visa can be up to 180 days, ask for 180 days on arrival at the airport.

Good luck

Hiya, Mark
There is many a tip youŽll need to settle down here.
IŽve just arrived from England where I lived for about
a year during 2012-2013, studying a postgraduate degree,
and I have my home in Distrito Federal.

What is your career, in order to give you some pointers?

About the language we may "interchange" some, since I am looking for some Oxbridge to polish my English, even having 8 at IELTS.

My previous career was in child care for 17 years and now I'm a computer engineer, neither of which I can use in DF.
I can maybe teach English in schools or educate children as a governor to a family but these positions are very difficult to find, especially with my lack of Spanish.

Hi, I'm a Brit living in Mexico! I've been here for just a little under two years now. What kind of work would you be looking for? Lots of people come and teach, then while they are teaching they use the spare time to find something else. The laws have recently changed with immigration though. If you come in on a tourist visa you have to have your application for an FM (temporary resident card) in within 30 days. That means finding a job where they want to sponsor/represent you.