Life in guinea with a Guinean

I am new this page. I am planning on moving to guinea and my son and I never been I would like to visit first my boyfriend lives there now and wants to get married there. I am very interested in what life is like for Americans in and marry life in guinea with a Guinean.

Hi Numbian 3,
I think you will do just fine, u should have a nice experience there...if you are looking for "life in the wild" with exquisite touristic places i'm sure you will be served, if your boyfriend knows his way around the country well. On the other hand, if you are looking for sophisticated life experience, it might not be that great, u know it's an African country.
As you know it's a french speaking country but some people do speak English. You will probably meet a lot of Americans, usually at the touristic centers.
For the marry life, well each experience is unique but in general you should have fun with the traditional ceremonies and dance parties :-)
Have a nice trip and if any more questions do not hesitate contacting me on my above mentioned facebook account.
Cheers
Kevin

I almost forgot, you can hit my blog for some pics of Guinea conakry. laminekaba.blogspot.com

Hi nubian33,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I created a new topic as from your message on the Guinea Conakry forum.

Thank u Kevin for the reply yes my boyfriend knows the area and I am open to experiences. It makes my mind mode at ease to know that its not going too overwhelming. I will check ur pics out as well. Thanks again. Christine I will check it out and thanks for the welcome