Any wild, weird, or helpful bits of info needed :)

I am a student at Fox Valley Technical College, in Appleton, Wisconsin, USA.  I am in the process of completing a very thorough, in depth report pertaining to a hypothetical company to be brought into Iceland, for my Global Business Fundamentals class.  The report gives a detailed look at Iceland's:  History, Geography, Politics, Currency, Infrastructure, Economy, Life-Style, New World of Work, Personal Expenses, Localization, and Translation.

I am posting in hopes of gaining ANY advice, or tidbits of information, or little known facts about Iceland as a country, or the Icelandic people.  I have thoroughly researched the country for a few months now and at this point I am perusing any additional points or insights that I may have overlooked.  I'm really looking for something to make my project stand out and set it over the top.

ANY input you have about this topic would be of great value to me and greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time!

an interesting request but given that you say you've already thoroughly researched the place, it's hard to know what might add value. What kind of info are you looking for- customs, business environment, landscape?

I guess I am looking for something that I wouldn't have been able to find while doing 'normal' research, such as the 'feel' of the country, or how it compares to the US.  For example, teenagers in the US are regarded as rebellious, people in general are obsessed with technology, always looking for the next best thing, always texting, always busy busy busy...

What is it like in Iceland in those aspects?  What is the 'pace of life'?  What is important?

Christy,

I think you will find some particularly interesting tidbits and then some about Iceland from The Reykjavík Grapevine Newspaper.  Actually, an article that I was reading the other day highlights Iceland nicely.

http://www.grapevine.is/Features/ReadAr … ita-Recordhttp://www.grapevine.is/Home/

Also, many of the Icelandic youths are enthralled by American pop culture and icons.  I've seen a high concentration of young men and women mimicking what they see in American movies and dressing like what they may have seen in music videos.  Think: Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, etc.  Two words to describe the common fashion trend in Reykjavík is "eccentrically revealing". 

I hope this helps! :)

Icelanders adore American stuff, starting with cars and coca cola.  let me know you are still looking