Obtaining permanent residence

keith841 wrote:

thanks! So I assume you got the resident visa now. For me, I can stay only 90 days and then out for 90 days. Is there a way to extend my stay legally with some kind of travel visa? What brand is your vodka by the way? Ive looked in tons of stores and never saw any Ukrainian vodka. I always look for it though!

I have answered the question :)

Hi, Would like to know more about your experiences of residency process (and pitfalls).

Hi there, great posts here.
so basically, i am married over a year to ukrainian, and i do travel a lot, and everytime i need to go to Ukraine i need these visas so i decided to get the residence card. i went to consulate of ukraine in dubai, they told me fill in visa type D form, and they will give me the visa D, once in am un ukraine, i should go to OVIR and get my residency card. i have some question please
1- where is visa type D form located, i can t find it
2- how long it take in ukraine to get the residency card? i can't stay more than a week there i have to be on the move.
3- if needs more than a week, can my wife get it for me under letter of attorney from notary for example?

many thanks for this

P.S: i will do it through OVIR of Nikolaev, has anyone experienced this office.
thank you

hello . i have a student status but i will get married by July this year. I was told before i change my status i need to go back to Nigeria to re-apply which is not feasible for me. is there any other way out of this breaking news? I heard it is a new law now in Ukraine that even after your passport is stamped as married , to change your status you have to travel back to Nigeria. Please i need help with a detailed info. thanx

In two days I will become eligible for IM-2 ! The journey begins !

Hello, I hope you can help me, I have only been in the Ukraine since for a month and I fell victim to my passport being stolen in Odessa so now I need to go to the US embassy in Kiev to file for a new one. However, I have my Florida drivers license, a scan of my stolen passport's information page and my trip itinerary so will these be enough to prove I am US citizen? Also if I am able to get my new passport how long will I be able to stay in Ukraine as I was planning to stay for 90 days?

Hello! I am a student and i have a type D visa and a residence permit (under my university) till 2018. I will be marrying a Ukrainian soon and I wanted to know if I will still need to exit the country and enter again to get a permanent resident permit when I apply for it in 2yrs time?

Once our embassy reviews your case, they will issue either a new passport or a temporary. A temporary can be updated once you return home. The 90 day period commenced when you entered Ukraine. Our embassy reports that your previous passport was lost or stolen.

Question.

Finally I became eligible for the IM-2 (PR Visa). We're married two years now

However I am too busy at work.

My question is. What is the least possible time to go to Ukraine and finish the procedure?

[moderated: off topic]

I married my wife 2 years ago in september & want to gain permanent residency in ukraine
can you point me in the right direction of how to start it all off please

Hi! Everyone,

I would just like to ask..in obtaining a type D visa, do we need to prepare a visa invitation letter from Ukraine to present it to the Consulate?

Im going to to leave Kiev and will apply type D visa in Vietnam.

Thanks to those will answers!

Type D as a spouse does not require invitation

Thanks for that.

So, what are actually the docs to submit to Consulate for type D? Because I am confused, the Ukraine Embassy in Vietnam stated in their official website, It says 'For all types of VIsa's' need to provide -" Original Copy of Invitation Letter issued by Ukranian Immigration Office."

Hi all,

I hope that this board is still open as I have more of a need for clarification than anything else.

Essentially here's the situation.

I married a Ukrainian woman in October of last year, and would rather not have the 90 day restrictions on my visits any more. She is getting a little sick of it (as am I) and it's a pretty nice place to be on the whole. So, I am hoping to get a temporary residency stamp for one year.

I have read through the posts here, but would appreciate some good clarification to make sure that I have understood things correctly.

Am I right in thinking that:

1/ I need to apply for a 'D' visa, and the purpose of the visit would be family?
2/ That I need to provide proof of marriage, and also proof of where we live (we have our own house), and also proof of money / income? Anything else that one can think of? (I am a self-employed composer and producer by the way....so it's all going to be based on tax returns and current account balances).
3/ What else might I need to do? Any hints and tips about getting an answer from the Ukrainian consul staff in London would be gratefully received...
4/ Once I have the D visa, I then need to pop over and see the local OVIR and apply for the temporary residency stamp.
5/ Any hints and tips about that?

Right...enough from me....over to whomever would be very kind enough to offer some guidance!

Best

shynesslavz wrote:

Thanks for that.
So, what are actually the docs to submit to Consulate for type D? Because I am confused, the Ukraine Embassy in Vietnam stated in their official website, It says 'For all types of VIsa's' need to provide -" Original Copy of Invitation Letter issued by Ukranian Immigration Office."

The Rules for Issuing Visas for Entrance into Ukraine and Transit Through Its Territory in the English language is here:
http://www.assistanceinukraine.com/rule … to_ukraine

I have lived in Ukraine for a total of five and a half years , My Wife is a Ukrainian doctor and for the first two years we had to renew my visa. We then went to the local passport police to obtain a residency permit , they were most helpful and filled in all the necessary forms , and said it would take bout six months but do not bother to renew your visa. After this time  I received the document without having to travel to UK for  a D notice passport and my permit does not have to be renewed.

I would like to know the procedure, prerequisites, and time frame for permanent residency.  Could you provide whatever insight you have? 

Thank you in advance...

hi, please tell me your experience . im also married to a ukraine woman . im english and we wish to move to ukraine early next year . by then we would have been married over 2 years .my plan would not involve working there .

best wishes david

You should straight applied for a type D visa...this kind of visa is a way yo prolong your stay or even reside in ukraine...After that go straight to OVIR office to apply a temporary residency.

hi any chance of more detail on ur experience in gaining residency to ukraine. from start to finish ?
best wishes david

All those who need information on the permanent residency, feel free to contact me and I'll send you the English text of the respective rules.

A good friend of mine,American, lives in Ukraine and is getting married to a Ukrainian woman next month. He told me this; You pretty much have to get married to a Ukrainian national, or have Ukrainian family living in country. Then you apply for permanent residence and it takes about two years to get. My friend is registered and approved for marriage now by the Ukrainian govt. After the marriage is official, he must wait for two years before he can get the permanent resident visa.  I hope this helps!

Hi - one very important question please.
If I obtain permanent residence in Ukraine - do I get to keep my British ans New Zealand Passports ???

I am married to a Ukraine citz (got married in NZ) for over 8 years now. We visit Kiev every summer for 2-3 months.

Cheers
Peter

peteryelena wrote:

Hi - one very important question please.
If I obtain permanent residence in Ukraine - do I get to keep my British ans New Zealand Passports ???

I am married to a Ukraine citz (got married in NZ) for over 8 years now. We visit Kiev every summer for 2-3 months.

Cheers
Peter

You are obtaining a residence (whether permanent or temporary), which absolutely has nothing to do with citizenship(s). This does not only apply to Ukraine or NZ or UK. It applies everywhere.

Sometimes you can (or have to) lose a citizenship in order to acquire another, but you never lose a citizenship for acquiring a residence.

Thanx - that makes perfect sense.
I do know (as my wife will loose if she does) if a Ukraine Citz gains a NZ citz she will loose her Ukrainian Citz as they do not allow dual citizenship - am I correct on this ??

My wife is eligible for NZ citz now (been living over 5 years) - but we are hesitant that this could/would loose her Ukraine citizen

Hi I am David, yes please tell me the details

Thanks

david

Hi this david, yes I would to get your information. I am a USA citizen.

Thanks

David

email [email protected]

Could you please be so kind as to send me any information you have re: residency?

watchthatman
I would like to avail myself of any and all knowledge you can provide about the process of obtaining permanent residency in Ukraine.  [email protected]

You would be better served looking on the Internet. The Ukrainian government's site is accurate and up date ... Good luck

Hi Custom Painter and Milo55. I am very confused after reading both your comments. I am married to Ukrainian gal and we are in Kryvyi Rih. Please contact for some clarication before I run up to Kyiv or back to the States ... )))

[email protected]

Thanks you

At local office the woman said, "You need to go out from border and then back to Ukraine" to begin permanent residence process.

My Questions:

I have almost 2 years with Temporary Residence and will be applying for Permanet Residence. What are the steps I need to take? Must I leave the country and come back? It seems pointless. Also, what documents will I need this time for this process?

I need some help, please. Waiting for your reply. Thank you. If you want please message me on this site or reply. Thanks again!

I don't know how the situation is now.
I don't know if the laws/rules have change (in Ukraine they change every 3 months :D)
So it is difficult for me to help you.

I had not to leave Ukraine to get the permanent residence, but:
- I was (am) married with an Ukrainian citizen
- I had (have) a regular legal and declared work in Ukraine.

I cannot tell you more because sincerely I don't know how are the things now.
The best is that you ask to somebody in OVIR (or how they call it now), nobody can inform you better than them.

Good luck

can any one help me !!!! ukraine is the most confusing country ever !!! i am 2 years married now ( to ukrainian for sure ) i live in egypt can i apply  for permenant residency directly ? or i have to get temperary first ?!! if i have to get temperary first!!! like what a lower told me!!!!!!! why then they say in the low you have to be married for 2 years!!! why not just they say you got temperary twice !! or make it clear a bit ,please i want to know about it i feel like there is 100 story ! and if any one have a good lower about that in kiev it would be so good

its spelled lawyer... if you are married 2 years.. you can apply now.. if the woman is Ukraine citizen.. you don't need temporary.. apply no..

Hi Everyone.
I am a citizen of the United Kingdom, I have been married to a Ukrainian woman for 16 months. My wife applied for a Visa to live in England, but we are still waiting for a reply (long story but it was refused by Poland and is now going through the appeal court in Manchester).
I have 24 days left on the 90 day rule, but I do not want to return to England and want to live here with my wife and her mother.
A few weeks ago we went to the mayor of our town who contacted the OVIR office in our district on our behalf and was told that they can issue me with an extension of 90 days, however they didn't say what type of visa it is, does anyone have any idea what it will be? I know it is easier to call but my wife does not like calling them too often as it means going through the mayor's office as the OVIR use private mobile numbers.
I would like a multiple entry visa so I can return home to England whenever I need and a temporary residence visa until we have been married for 2 years, then I can apply for permanent residence. Someone said they think it will be a private visa, but I cannot find any information on this.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

UkrAl wrote:

Hi Everyone.
I am a citizen of the United Kingdom, I have been married to a Ukrainian woman for 16 months. My wife applied for a Visa to live in England, but we are still waiting for a reply (long story but it was refused by Poland and is now going through the appeal court in Manchester).
I have 24 days left on the 90 day rule, but I do not want to return to England and want to live here with my wife and her mother.
A few weeks ago we went to the mayor of our town who contacted the OVIR office in our district on our behalf and was told that they can issue me with an extension of 90 days, however they didn't say what type of visa it is, does anyone have any idea what it will be? I know it is easier to call but my wife does not like calling them too often as it means going through the mayor's office as the OVIR use private mobile numbers.
I would like a multiple entry visa so I can return home to England whenever I need and a temporary residence visa until we have been married for 2 years, then I can apply for permanent residence. Someone said they think it will be a private visa, but I cannot find any information on this.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Visa types are very simple in Ukraine. Type C and Type D.

You have one of three options.

1- Get visas on arrival as a British citizen, traffic back and forth (do border runs to any neighboring country, be it Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Poland, or any  country that gives British citizens visas on arrival.

Pros : No interaction with Ukrainian royal-pain-in-the-ass kind of bureaucracy

Cons : high cost, monthly trips are tedious and costly. can't work.

2- Get a one year Type C Visa (multiple entry)

This is a visit visa yet with multiple entries, all you need is an invitation from your wife or anyone in her family. You can go and come back.

Pros : easy to get, less paperwork

Cons : can only stay 90 days / year, can't work

3- Get a residence visa (Type D).

You and your wife will have to prepare tons of paperwork, you need to return to England to apply for the entry permit for Type D visa (you cannot apply for it from inside Ukraine if you entered on a Type C and/or visa upon arrival visa) ....... Then you'll enter the country, go through more pain in the ass ! then get your visa. You will get a one year visa, since you're not married for 2 years yet so you're not eligible for PR.

Pros : Can work, live, enter, exit freely.

Cons : PAIN IN THE ASS red tape .....

Thanks The Egypician,
I still have no idea what visa the people from the OVIR office are referring too, they told us to go to the office at least 5 working days before my 90 days expires with my passport (including certified translation), our marriage certificate, four passport pictures, a document from a doctor, invitation letter from my wife along with document proving she owns the house where we are living and payment. They said I will have a visa placed into my passport the is valid for 3 months, but did not say what will happen after that or if I will be allowed to come and go to England when I please.
As I say it will probably be better to get the mayor to call the OVIR again on our behalf.

UkrAl wrote:

Thanks The Egypician,
I still have no idea what visa the people from the OVIR office are referring too, they told us to go to the office at least 5 working days before my 90 days expires with my passport (including certified translation), our marriage certificate, four passport pictures, a document from a doctor, invitation letter from my wife along with document proving she owns the house where we are living and payment. They said I will have a visa placed into my passport the is valid for 3 months, but did not say what will happen after that or if I will be allowed to come and go to England when I please.
As I say it will probably be better to get the mayor to call the OVIR again on our behalf.

?What visa are you on now? the on-arrival one?