Anybody know anyone who has naturalized as a Paraguayan??

Thanks I am curious.
Also I am particularly interested to hear if anyone knows of anyone else who has naturalized in PY while living outside of PY for the majority of the time.
thanks

Hello brandwach and welcome to the forum!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

Harmonie.

I would also like to know if anyone here has ever received citizenship through naturalization. I hate to go though all the hassle if I am not able to receive citizenship.

*crickets*

It works in theory!

Hi
It works. You need just to come and stay for at least 60 days. If you want i can help you speeding up the process

Regards

I also have some question.I believe it is difficult to find this answer because most people on this board is from North America and west Europe, who does not meed Paraguay citizenship.

What was your question Travel1000?

By the way, naturalization or citizenship is LEGALLY possible only after living in Paraguay for 3 years!!!

Residency / cédula might be possible in 60 days, but the normal process is 4-6 months (residency up to 3 months + cedula up to 3 months as well).

So many secrets in Paraguay. LOL

The question was:
"Anybody know anyone who has naturalized as a Paraguayan??"

I would also add:

Anybody know any experienced naturalization Lawyers (not permanent-residency Lawyers)?

Is it posible to do it without using a Lawyer and if not what is the cost of the Lawyer FOR CITIZENSHIP ??

I don't know anyone who has been naturalizes as Paraguayan.

However, the first steps towards naturalization/citizenship are to get 1st = permanent residency and 2nd "cédula" = national identification card.

After living in Paraguay for 3 years, you can obtain the Paraguayan citizenship.

And YES, a lawyer is necessary for this process, it must be presented by a lawyer.

For residency + cédula, a lawyer is not necessary, but helpful (up-to-date on current immigration laws + requirements).

Jerónimo Finestra, who also posts in this forum, is a lawyer who has experience with residency/cédula AND naturalization/citizenship.  I don't know how much he charges for citizenship, but he's honest and reliable.

Thanks for the quick reply but my questions and the question of the O-P still stands.

I already have Permanent-Residency 3 years, done it on my own without any help from any Lawyer or anyone.

I need a citizenship Lawyer, one who can prove he/she can get the job done and show me past history of other applicants who got their naturalized citizenship through his/her aid.

Anyone can be a Permanent-Residency Lawyer even a Taxi driver.

I need a proven CITIZENSHIP Lawyer with proven history in regards to naturalization success including their fee quote .

Well, have you contacted Jeronimo Finestra? 

He posts as Jfinestra on this forum. 

I don't think that any SERIOUS lawyer would just post a quote on an online forum.  And he would not publicly reveal the names of all his clients, right?

Check out his website:  paraguayresidency.com

Every case is different, you know...

I did.

"Finestra Law Practice has been registered since 2008 under the name of Abogado Jerónimo Finestra, currently FINESTRA Law Company."

Do you know someone who is more experienced ?

Just doing simple math I would say he never handled a Citizenship case but only Residency cases at most.

But thanks for the commercial I'm sure he appreciates you on this forum.

brandwach wrote:

Thanks I am curious.
Also I am particularly interested to hear if anyone knows of anyone else who has naturalized in PY while living outside of PY for the majority of the time.
thanks

Good luck in getting a straight reply on this Forum.

You will only be told to contact a Lawyer.

I myself see no use for this Forum and thus I'm out-of-here.

Good luck in getting your questions answered.

Hello,

Please note that this is an old thread.

I invite you to create a new topic with your question on the Paraguay forum for better visibility and responses.

Thank you,
Christine
Expat.com team

Dear Babelon,

The only thing I can say is:  WOW!  Registered yesterday, 4 postings and already out of the forum!  Incredible!

Do you know that most people have a look maybe once a month?  You might want to wait for a few more replies.

I recommended Mr.Finestra because I have met him personally and I've also heard good reports from other people.  I don't know any other lawyer who does this type of work...so shoot me!  And by the way, I'm not the only one on this forum who has spoken well about him.

2008 to 2013 = 5 years, so that's better than no experience at all, in my opinion.  I don't believe that many expats have gone through the naturalization process, so that's probably why not many people have even replied to the original question.

The concept of a forum is to give information to others, if you can. 

You say that you have had the Paraguayan residency for 3 years...so I'll just assume that you've been living here for 3 years...What have you contributed to this forum?

Lanbe = What a total douche! Must be a guy from the illegal services of TDV franchise LOL

Now it's lanbe, guest user, before that the name used was Babylon, registered user!!!

You might be right Lonnie...

Could we get back to the initial topic now? :whistle:

Thanks
Armand

has anyone actually become a citizen of py  via naturalization?

there must be someone that have lived in paraguay for longer than 3 years....and went thru this process.

bump

Yes - what is your question?

the same question on the very top of the page.  Has any one actually naturalized while not living in Py?  Or does anyone of know someone who has?

brandwach wrote:

the same question on the very top of the page.  Has any one actually naturalized while not living in Py?  Or does anyone of know someone who has?

my advice:
just go with the goal of getting residence.
ask this same question when you have your boots on the ground and make some contacts..
fwiw, the german expats there seemed to have the answers
(might a good idea stay at one of those highly reviewed german family owned hotels on arrival...more than likely you'll get referred to bettina müller. she's expensive and u shouldnt need her help....but she'll have all the answers)
;)

good luck

http://www. migraciones.gov.py/eng/

Most of the expats here aren't rushing to get naturalized. It's a dubious task.

A question was asked, and the community didn't have the answers the person wanted.

So be it.

As for the other stuff about other providers... if someone wants to pay a lot to get something done, that's up to them. All we can do is recommend the people we know and have faith in.

Joel is right!

Hello to every one, just so you know, Citizenship is not such a big deal to get, all you need is to gather up documents the Supreme Court requests and have them in time so they wont expire. By the way, I am a lawyer and no one who wants to Naturalize in Py should be afraid about the process, it might be slow, but it always comes.

The "scam" was the German lady who was mentioned in this thread last year.  She was a crook making f ake passports and such it would seem and was caught by the authorities.   As was posted last year, residency and getting your cedula are the first two steps in getting your citizenship here and can be done without a lawyer.  Although many use one as they don't have the time, language skills or understanding to do it themselves.   To get your citizenship, you must use a lawyer as it's not a simple administrative process but a "legal" one that has to go before a court.   And quite frankly, there is not anyone I've ever met here who has bothered to go thru the process.   

True I don't "know everyone" but as an expat here the one primary reasons I always hear about from other expats is that it is an unnecessary step, if all you want is to live free and clear forever in Paraguay (residency and a cedula get you that).  Secondly, Paraguay doesn't legally allow "dual citizenship" so officially if you become a Paraguayan citizen your supposed to turn in/renounce/etccitizenship in another countries.  Of course I know many native Paraguayan's  who have secondary citizenship in other countries and these other countries couldn't care less that they maintain their Paraguayan citizenship.  Such as the US for instance.   But these folks are careful not to advertise the fact they hold multiple passports in Paraguay as it COULD get them in a bind if some functionary decides to take issue with them flouting the law.  Keep in mind that "flouting the law" in Paraguay is almost a national pastime so no one gets their underwear too much in a bind..

Last comment is that anyone I have ever known who is "passport shopping" is doing so in order to add to their collection of passports for whatever reason they have or maybe (in two cases I personally know of) looking to replace citizenship/passports that they've given up or renounced.    Interesting to note that one of these people has decided they are just fine being "stateless" and living in Paraguay as a legal resident with a "foreigner" cedula.

Hello majbjb  :cheers:

Thanks for the interaction and precious informations ;)

Also just for info, this thread is over 8 months old!  :D  But complementary informations are always welcome.

Regards

Kenjee