Do men also leave their country for a woman?

It was but now he is home

me .. ?
i want my love move and gt a gud job in indonesia ^^

My partner moved to Spain from Italy, after meeting eachother during my holidays in Italy.

s est mon cas voila j ai rencontrer ma compagne depuit quelque mois ,a se jour je fini de tous vendre et regler les derniere formalite pour la rejoindre mi decembre afin que l on finiss nos vieux jour ensemble sur le cailloux ,tous ai partie sur une table de poker sur facebook ,je lui ai offert une rose virtuel echanger quelque mots ,puis des lien se sont tisser petit a petit ,par le bief de mail ,puis apres se fut skype ,et a se jour on se voi chaque matin chaque soir sur skype on passe nos week ensemble sur skype ,lol si on m avais dit il y a quelque mois en arriere que j allai rencontrer ma futur femme comme ca je ne l aurrai jamais crue ,ni accepter ,mais il ne faut jamais dire jamais,la preuve a se jour j ai tous vendu et qui la france pour la rejoindre pour noel,et vivre definitivement avec elle et ses 3 enfants,
l amour et parfoi etrange !!!!
mais sai tellement bon d aimer!!!

@clement 71590 -> Thank you for sharing but can you please write in english on this Anglophone forum so that everybody can understand? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

why not ..if you love her you have to do all its take to get close to her ... just to show her that you can do anything for her.

I know one Italian guy who left sunny Italy for a Swedish girl from windy Göteborg.

He goes through different emotional moments: up and down. Huge contrast in a way of living, temperament, weather and values. He is getting on better and better with it but... his love hurts and is full of devotion ;).

From the national statistics agency I know that relationships between Swedish women and foreigner are more at risk that all the way around. Foreign whifes tend to be more tolerant, more devoted and they are 'tought' to 'suffer with a dignity' by the  patriarchal culture they belonged to. Guys, generally speaking, prefer living on their own terms and this is nearly imposible in Sweden where you have to put your macho attitude back deep into your pocket - if you got one :P.

I left NZ in 1964 and have worked in many countries since.
I settled on Laos as the place for me, got married and am now settled there.

Hahaha! This made me laugh! LOL! But I have to agree with her :)

mas fred wrote:

Go on then.

I was about to get married; I said to her, "Would you like to live in England?".
All I got back was, "Too cold" so I moved to Indonesia.

She was right.

My Mongolian boyfriend is trying to move to California with me. :P
He's been an expat most of his life, but this might be his last stop he he. I think he's gonna love California. :cool:

If in a couple of months time, my husband says, lets go back to Pakistan. I would without hesitation. Give up my job and sign house over to my daughter.
As the song goes... My home is beside you wherever you may be.

Home is where the heart is.
So wherever your loved one's are that is home.

Home is where the heart is.
So wherever your loved one's are that is home.

True stumpy.
Have a great New Year

I am happy to see there are indeed men leaving their homecountry in pursuit of happiness.

Thanks to all of you for answering my question. For what it's worth: I left in 2005 and I haven't regretted it one single day since. I wish you all the same!

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

I would expect any man to go wherever I need to go - just as I would go somewhere for him.

I'll go wherever he'll go, n hope he would do the same for me...

globetrotter wrote:

Being an expat for a while now I realise that I only know women who have left their home country for their man. There are two types:

1. Those who fell in love with a "foreigner" and decided to emigrate to his home country.

2. Those who followed their man because he was offered a job abroad.

But are there men out there who did the same? Don't be shy, share your (love) story!

3. true love will definetly find a way along

Strange...cases I knew are the other way round...all men follow their wife/girl friend either for work transfer or migrated to wife's countries. :)..

Hello, sir. Wouldnt be tough for you to make decision to leave your own country? so what you do in Indonesia?

such an interesting topics ever...
well, i guess i need to married american man then re-location to USA, and happily after , wish me luck, LOL

I did, I doubt I'd be in Belgium otherwise.

Im like a dog, if a woman pats me the right way my tail wags and i will follow arooooooooooo woof woof

Send me a picture and if ur sweet and pretty ill pack my bags now

woof woof

Fred
Hubby Finally home for good, came back on the 10th feb. I nearly cried at airport when he hugged me :D

No offense to all women but more than a husband leaving a wife, I guess women are more likely to be drawn towards the richer kind. My partner left me for another so-called "more wealthy and handsome" Spaniard. Thank god my three children still survive with me.

No offense to men, but thinking that women are golddiggers because yours dumped you is psychologically unsound.

I'd move wherever I had to if there was a woman I loved there. You only live once..

we are both moving for each other. We met when neither were in our native country but Iceland is not a good place for civil engineers. We're planning our move now to a place where both of us have good work options, some friends, and where the lifestyle suits us.

My wife came from the Philippines to Belgium first, we got married and she learned Dutch. After 1 year of marriage, we moved together to the Philippines.

According to this forum quite often. I think it depends just on the persons and the locations. I know indeed also a lot of Filipina women who followed their husbands to Belgium. For many, it's not just love, it's not just money, it's to be happy without worries :) But I'd rather build my own happiness than rely on welfare. If you're happy together, you'll be happy wherever.

You did it write, I wish to lve in indonesia too, but not yet decided ... :)

That's very true. It is easy for a man to travel far and wide to get to a woman any where in the world but for women it is most difficult.

Ariane66.

It happens more often than you know. I have lived and worked in many countries and personally know men who have settled in another country to be with their wives.

I am one of them.

When my Puerto Rican wife and me got together (after meeting in the internet, different story :D) I spend a couple of weeks on the island and then I took her on a trip through Europe.
The decision where to live was made in about 5 seconds - Puerto Rico is the place to be. :D
That's almost 12 years ago and we have no plans to move away from here.

I know quite a few and they're happy with their lives.

my best friend's boyfriend moved from manhattan, NYC to poor croatia. I love that story. :)

I agree...

Yes, if a man fall in love with a woman living in a foreign country then man can also leave his country.

Hi, There is ANOTHER type of lady.......the ones who leave their own country to experiance other cultures and don,t need a man to do that.    And there are many of us out here, who have the adventurous spirit still alive within us.
also, I know many men who have left Egypt for their women and are still happily together.
fatma

Hello Fatma,

Of course there are tons of women and men who move to another country on their own! I am very well aware of that.

I just started this particular topic because of all the expats I know leaving their country for their partner not one was male. So I started wondering if there were any men out there who left their home country to follow their heart. And from the response I can see that there are quite a few. That's the beauty of romance: it knows no boundaries.

Meet other expats and join the events

OR