Where to buy motorbike in Ho Chi Minh?

Hello!
I am going to Ho Chi Minh after 2 weeks & I will need motorbike to travel across Vietnam. I want to buy Minsk. May be any anybody can give me adviсe on what market on Ho Chi Minh I can buy Minsk & what documents I need to take from seller? I don`t know exactly where I can find it!
Thank you!

Hi, if you're aiming to ride from HCMC and sell it on when you're finished, your best bet is to buy something around Pham Ngu Lao area. This is the back papcker area and most bikes bought n sold here are by people(or dealers) doing the same thing. you should be able to pick a good condition Minsk fully serviced for a reasonable price. Try and make sure you get one with the registration papers, its not a big deal without but expect to be paying less for it.
Other than that everything is negotiable if you buy from another traveler then you may get more accessories along with it, but you have no recourse if something goes wrong. You don't have much buying from a dealer but at least you know they will still be there in a couple of days while you try the bike out.
Good luck :)

You can try in Ly Tu Trong Street, District 1 or Phan Dang Luu street, Binh Thanh District.I've read in some forums, the price is about 200-250usd for an old Minsk. Gooodluck :)

Look on CraigsList.  I saw some for sale there.

Dan

Take a look at HOang Van THu street, nearby the corner Hai Ba Trung Str, Dist 1.
Nice day !

Thanks very much for everybody!

Please, help  to find where to buy motorbike in Ho Chi Minch. Today I was looking 4 hours in Pham Ngu Lao area but nothing! Only rent or expencive.May be smbd can tell me what street I can find? Markets or shops of second-hand motorbikes?I understand that there are a lot of such shops, but where?What streets?
Thank you a lot!

makarovse wrote:

Please, help  to find where to buy motorbike in Ho Chi Minh City. Today I was looking 4 hours in Pham Ngu Lao area but nothing! Only rent or expensive.May be somebody can tell me what street I can find? Markets or shops of second-hand motorbikes?I understand that there are a lot of such shops, but where?What streets?
Thank you a lot!

Had the same problem a few months ago when looking for a bike - not a Minsk though.
Even worse, if you're a 'western' you may very well find the price gets put UP - WAY UP !
Have a couple of places try to sell me second hand bikes like the Honda PCX 125 for prices that where several million VND MORE than buying a brand new machine from the Honda Dealers shops ! (Westerners are suckers seems to be their motto)
IF you're still determined to buy a Minsk - maybe the best idea would be either to get a VN partner who you can trust to look around and buy it for you. This will also save you all sorts of ownership paperwork - OR - you can try looking on 'craigslist.com.vn' under 'for sale' - 'motorbikes'

Lots of luck either way.  :-)