Police clearance certificate

Please can someone tell me where I can get a police clearance certificate from?

I am British and have been living in Chile for just over one year.  I have a temporary residence visa.  I am leaving Chile at the beginning of May and want to get a police clearance certificate.

Thank you in advance.

Bianca

i believe you have to go to the PDI. there is an office in Huerfanos close to huerfanos 1570. ask in the street it is big no one will miss it

Thanks I will go there and find out!

Hi Bianca,

Are you goingto work in a school in Chile?

I can only tell you what I did before coming to work in a school here in Santiago.

I have to say that I was a bit confused over the CRB / Police certificate process but I was advised that CRBs are only valid for people working in the UK.

In the end I discovered that I needed to:

go to http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx 
print an application form and pay £35 (or (£70 for a faster turnabound of 2 working days)

in order to be issued a police certificate which is part of the VISA process between Chile and the UK.

Hope this helps

All the best
Michelle

Hi Michelle

thanks for the info...... however I am currently living in Chile and working in a school.  But in May I am leaving Chile but not sure which country I will be moving to.

But I do know which ever country it is they will want a police clearance certificate, especially if I want to work with children.

On a previous post I was told to go to the PDI which is the international police in downtown.

thanks again.

Hi,

I'm South African and got mine from the local PDI office in Valparaiso for a minimal fee. I don't recall how much it was, but really not expensive at all.

Hi everyone

so today I went to the PDI in Morande and they didn't have a clue about the police clearance certificate.

So I went to Huerfonas 1570 which I presume is City Hall and got I Certificado De Antecedentes saying I have no criminal records and no records of acts of violence in the family.

Now I have to get the certificate legalized at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and translated.

I hope this info might help someone else.

thanks