Hi I'm moving to Dar in a few months....

This will be my first time living in a foreign country and I'm nervous but very excited.  Can anyone tell me what the singles scene is like in Dar?  I'm used to a large network of friends in New York City and am hoping I can build a new but similar network in Dar.

Any other advice about living in Dar is also very welcome! :)

Hi Lynzi29,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Do not hesitate to view other threads on the Dar es Salaam forum.

All the best,
Christine

its cool no worries u can njoy..as u have lot of frnds from ur continent

are you in Dar-es-salaam Lynzi29 ????? i m moving soon too for some new career adventure and learning's.

Hope to see you in the exploration.

Cheers
robin

Hi, It was also my first time moving to a foreign country. Its great to live in Dar with lots of entertainment places and places that you can visit. I also had alot of friends in my home country South Africa

Hey,

Whose still in Dar?

Dar-es-saalam is a nice place and i am sure you will enjoy your stay here. People are good and will give you lot of respect. Incase of any help / assistance please do contact me.

Hi  - I have just seen your post (dated April) so I'm a little late in replying! I will be making the same move (albeit from London) to Dar in the New Year. How did everything go with the move.  Would appreciate any tips/advice - especially on the housing and networking front (am a little concerned about the housing situation in Dar in particular)!

Look forward to hearing from you!

Harry

[Moderated: Please communicate details by PM]