What's new at BVI

Hey guys,

I have noticed that most of the topics about cost of living and life in BVI are a few years back? has a lot changed in the island in terms of infrastructures and establishments? also, has there been changes in the prices of basic commodities like gasoline food, electricity, water, cable and wireless, and rent?

I have been offered a job in Tortola and I would appreciate any information you can share with me.  i am currently based in Turks and caicos.

I would like to find out how much is your monthly expenses and how much salary should one have to live comfortable enough in the islands.

lastly, do they deduct tax in the salary?

thank you very much.

a dive instructor makes 1400 a month, a teacher 3000.
a police officer makes 28-30k a year.

a normal apartment is around 800 a month.

Good afternoon Lost Viking ,
Would you be so kind to tell me if the $800 a month is furnished , i.e. kitchen: stove, sink, cabinets? When I lived in Germany  most apartments you had to bring your own unless you were lucky.
Cheers!

i know there is 792 appartments for rent now. You`ll probably find one furnished.

There is plenty of agencies who fix this stuff for you as well, they advertise in the listings too.

check this out:

bvinews.com/bvi/classifieds/browse-categories/?category_id=3/apt-for-rent/

as for me, i do not want the hassle of mowing the lawn and being stuck with one view only, so I live on a boat. Marina fees about 600 a month. you could buy a boat and live cheaper, or almost free if you anchor.

Good morning,
Thanking you for your thought and info.
Cheers

First $ 10,000 is tax free in a year, Payroll Tax @ 8% beyond $10000 in a year.