Al Hofuf Al Hasa

Hello

I will probably move to Al Hofuf Al Hasa, near Dammam and Al Khobar, next September with my husband and my daughter. I would like to know how is it living in this area, especially in Al Hofuf. Does anyone know any French, English or Arabic wowen speakers that I can meet?

Since Al Hofuf is not a big city like Dammam, or even Jeddah or Ryadh, I am afraid to experience loneliness. That's why I would like to meet girlfriends from Al Hofuf.

I also would like to know if there are playgrounds there or any play centers for kids. My daughter is 3. What kind of activities are there for kids of this age. Where can I meet moms with their kids.

Do you know any compounds in al Hofuf?

Thank you

hi ramroumma
i have a lot of Relatives living there and between you and me i dont like it there and i dont think you will meet a lot of people with your standards
best luck..

i believe you will find good neighbors once you will move there, There must be plenty of Playgrounds and play lands for sure. all the best and safe journey.

yes , I can help if you want ...

mahdi2011 wrote:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Libby/leghump.gif

no no , really I can help , am originally from there..and I spent every weekend there 2 . and don't worry I my help will be free no money . I just want to do one good things in my life

TheLegendLeads wrote:
mahdi2011 wrote:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/ … eghump.gif

LMAO!!!

TheLegendLeads wrote:
mahdi2011 wrote:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/ … eghump.gif

Wot do you mean by this emotion???

he is American I think he might want to say thanks . because they are friendly not like us

mahdi2011 wrote:

he is American I think he might want to say thanks . because they are friendly not like us

ROFL :lol:

TheLegendLeads wrote:
mahdi2011 wrote:

ROFL :lol:

So.. people who are clever are automatically assumed to be American?  LMAO

mahdi2011 wrote:

Wait a sec, how do they say thanks in America ?

please let us not change the subject. there are a family need help ..

I'm sure they will find some help here on EB; just like I did.
Good luck to you, Ramroumma. :)

Dear mam living in Hufuf is so dull specially for women, every weekend you choose one of two places to go to, either Al-Othaim mall or Al-Ahsaa mall. it's not easy to find a restaurant that welcome women, usually these places for single men, but you may find one or two. women with kids go to a fair ground called Toy Town usually full of women and kids.
as for your question about compounds, yes, but they belong to companies and that means they are available for their employees.
you can get an apartment through any real estate in any place you like. rent will go from 17 to 25 thousands a year.
by the way, there is a coffee only for women in Al-Othaim Mall
Regards,
Mr. Ezz

Hi Ramrouma, we are Tunisian family living in Dammam. Maybe by this time you have already moved. It might be a good idea to come over to Dammam during weekend and will show you nice places. If you need to reach out or any assistance please contact us on this mail: [email protected]  All the best:) / Eddhib Family

dnt fear Al AHsa is good city for you.my family also live here.here is complete freedom for females,parks ,gym jogging tracks malls everything here u come here with relax and cool no problem.

Hi Waseem,

can you please tell me more about Alhasa...You said there are many gyms, joggers track and complete frredom for women..Can you explain or give some places..Do we have Ladies Salons,shopping areas...

Apart from this, I am an indian, what kind of compound should we look for?What are the decent compounds and a decent localities like? Pls. pen down some places like Parlours, Biotiques, Schools,Joggers Track,Gyms...and incase my husband is out during work time, can i call a taxi and travel to local malls...

I have loads to ask..pls help

yes in al ahasa a separate market for ladies in city and numerous malls for ladies like alahsa mall and also parks for ladies.here is freedom no such restriction.u welcome to alahsa.

Any expat living in Al Hofuf, Al Mubarraz could they drop me a line......I would love to hear from anybody who is living there since I will be moving there soon. One can only get so much info on the net. Regards.

Hi Revilob,

Please note that this thread is a bit old

Feel free to create a new topic with all your question on the  Dammam Forum please :)

Thank you

Maximilien

i see your post today so you may be here i am also new here in dammam wohz the life

I Just saw your post, may be you have shifted till now. I am also in process of moving to Hofuf Al ahsa, if you are there kindly tell me about the life for a female there. Also tell me the best school for my 4 years baby girl. I am medic and got an academic job at KFU Medical College.

Regards

im living here and its a great city for me and my Family ,, and the people here are very Friendly ,, any kind of help im ready for it here ,,

Hai..  what the rate of exhange currency between al hofuf money and dolars? Thank you

I am also moving to Al Mubarraz soon , is there any international schools . what is the availablity of 3 br apartment and housing, and more or less prices

Hi Naderhamza
do you have more information on schools and housing. going to work at ITC

Bevaan wrote:

Hi Naderhamza
do you have more information on schools and housing. going to work at ITC

this is the list of some schools that we have it here :

1.-Pakistan International School and College

2.-Nada International School

3.-Reeyada International School

4.-Anjal International School

5.-Modern International School

6.-Huda Alnoor International School

ill try very soon to bring some emails for the group and put it latter on ,,

there is some sites :

* http://shooaa.net/

* http://www.alreeyada-school.com/

* http://www.daischool.net/en/Default.aspx

* http://www.nadaschool.edu.sa/

i think these schools are the best right now ,, all the different will be about the type of curriculum is American or British , ask them about it and im sure you can Decide then ,,

Yes there are lot of play grounds , As I know about compounds so I am working in UDAILIYAH SAUDI ARAMCO COMPOUND . You can come here for all type of enjoyment . And I am also married and I am also living in Hofuf but when ever me and my family want to have some fun we go to Udailiyah .
You can contact me
[Moderated: send details in private pls]

thanks , is there any site that i can look for housing in Al hofuf, i dont find much on the net.

Dear Sir, Madam

I will be working in Al Ahsa (Hofuf) for one week only in June 2014, travelling from the UK. Also I will have two colleagues from Japan. We are all male.

Is it possible for us to gain entry to a compound in order to find some small entertainment? If so, how can this be done - is it necessary to write to a company?

What could we expect to find in a compound - small bar, restaurant, music etc?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi People,

i am also moving to Al-ahsa in December as my husband is already working there, just wanted to check if i can work there , i will be on residency visa, also in case my husband is not around, then how do i go out alone, is there any public transports available.

please answer.

I lived in Hofuf for more than one year. Wasn't that bad really. there are malls, parks, places for children to play, plenty of restaurants for singles or families, saloons for the ladies. I personally didn't get the chance to make friends but maybe you people have more luck .
Anubha24 , with a residency visa from what I know you can not work legally,in order to work you need to come to ksa with a contract. As for going out alone, you cannot unless your hunsband drives you to the place you want to go, or if you have a driver. I personally went to the mall, hypermarkets alone lots of times but my husband drove me there and then picked me up.

Hello..i am looking for a job there in al ahsa saudi arabia job in the beauty saloon as all around beautician...i have 6 yrs.experince as all around beautician...who is interested my job experience pls.contact me my email add [email protected]

Hi,

AlHasa is a beautiful serene town and the largest oasis in the world. It is a quiet place to live, with fewer avenues as compared to AlKhobar or Dammam.

If incase you manage to find work in Saudi Arabia, you would need to transfer your visa to your employer and you would no longer be a "dependent". It is usually difficult to gain employment for expat women in corporates and they require to possess special skills/qualification/work experience, not usually available in the general employement market. otherwise, schools are a good alternative to work at (although they do not have good salary structure!). In all cases, you would need to transfer your iqama sponsorship from your husband to your employer.
While, there are taxis available in the town you would need to keep the taxi drivers mobile number and give them a call whenever you need to visit a place, although they are a bit pricey, they are the only available public transport system.

Regards,
Raunak

hellow my friend...can u help me to find a job there in al ahsa....i am all around beautician.

@merlinda > please avoid duplicate posting. You already had a topic here. Thank you.

There are many good international schools in Al Ahsa/Al hufoof.
Manarat international schools are also have their branch in al ahsa,another school is Nada international school..

I think best schools in Al ahsa are Manarat international schools in National Guard Al ahsa.
and also Nada international
there are good teaching staff from Britain and Pakistanian.