School Job Offer

Hi,

I've been offered a job as a science teacher at the Cambridge English school in mangaf.

does anyone know of it, I've read some not so good reviews and just looking for more reviews.

My kids used to go to Cambridge. Sometimes it seemed as if they were only being baby sat instead of being in a school environment. They now go to English School Fahaheel which is 100 times better. I've heard the teachers at Cambridge have trouble getting their visa 18 as my husband is always helping a teacher from there get one. A lot of the teachers have left and gone to other schools or left Kuwait completely. If the money is good you can do your year and look for work with other schools, at least your in Kuwait.

Thanks for the reply

How long ago were your kids there?, were most of the teachers expats?

Hi Desertstorm and welcome to Expat.com!

Francesca :)

Hi Dessert storm,

did you accept the job, i have a interview was wondering is it worthwhile going to it, is for a Science Teacher job

Can you please reply asap

thanks

Hi All

I also have an interview at Cambridge English School, struggling to find many reviews of the school,any experiences would be much welcome : )

Abs85 how did your interview go?

Thanks

hi i'm a black teacher looking to teach in kuwait. i was wondering if i might find it hard to find a job specially since i'm a very dark black person and any additional websites i could use 2 apply 4 jobs would be gr8ly appreciated

teacher555,

do you know the TIE website? (The International Educator). If you pay to join, they have a good listing of worldwide teaching jobs, with contact information so you can reach the schools directly, and a good map showing where jobs are available (searchable by subject, grade level, and region/country, too).

It's the best site I've found.

Tom

Hi teacher555, welcome to the forum. I don't think your skin color would be an issue. As long as you have teaching credentials and you're the right fit for the school, you should be just fine. I'm sure that others can help you with finding a website to apply to teaching jobs :). Good luck.

Hello I have been offered a job as PE Teacher at this school. Please any information from teaching staff would be great. Thanks

Hi martingwin,

Please note that this thread is a bit old :)

Feel free to start a new thread with all your questions on the Kuwait Forum please as it might get more interaction :)

Thank you

Maximilien