Housing in Costa Rica

Hi,

our new housing in Costa Rica section is now available.

You can now post all your housing offers and requests in this new section.

Do not hesitate to share your thoughts and suggestions with us, your feedback is appreciated ;)

Thanks,

Julien

Wow!  Am I the first with a housing question, or am I reading this wrong?  Well, either way, here goes ...

For a couple of years now the advisers for my employer's pension plan have been telling me that I should consider retiring in Costa Rica, because I will have little more than Social Security to live on.  So I've been researching Costa Rica and other Central American and Caribbean locales off and on for the past several months.  If I go solely by what is listed on the real estate companies on the Web, real estate -- even "Tico style" homes without hot water, closets, or more than 15-amp electrical service -- are more expensive by far than similar homes in the USA!

If that's the case, I need go no further with my research!  Are these real estate companies just ripping off the rich gringos or are prices really that high in CR ... even for junk?

Hello Sensei2001.

This thread has been created in order to inform our membres of the new Housing in Costa Rica section on Expat.com! :)

You may start a new discussion on the Costa Rica forum and ask your questions as well :)

Aurélie

Thanks, Aurielie!  I will do.

High Julien

High everybody

This is Hermeuto to greet you all and askng for information regarding house or room rentals in the area of San Jose as well as in Escazu .
                 Commodities required are these :

comfortable room for one person

private bathroom

shared kitchen

preferably located downtown

I hope somebody to be kind enough so as to tell me whether I can any chance of finding a lodge like this described or just another simlar solution.
           I am forwarding some plans  to make a trip to Costa Rica some months later on ,and being the very first time that I come to that land I will find valuable information concerning this so much useful so as to take the proper decision as soon as I will arrive there.
            Mean while it is worthwhile saving this mail so as to invite everybody to contact me on many different topics to talk about ,just by asking me to do so.
             Best regards

Hermeuto .

Long live Costa Rica