Sanctuary Belize

Hope!
Hope that you were wrong to purchase there.
Hope that something has been built vertically.
Hope that someone can change your mind and show you the development will be finished before 2075

Isn't that why most people hang on to things when they should move on, hope is the main thing that keeps people going in bad situations and choices.

So if it's hope that you are seeking, then get some skin in the game and buy a lot and build a house. Become part of the solution by becoming a part of our community. Learn what owners and the developer are doing NOW. This hope you speak of keeps drawing you back for a reason. Perhaps you should listen.

Bashing our community doesn't help your hope efforts.

I don't think Tuggie needs a reason to hope for anything. He choose to not purchase just as people like me. I felt that the promised progress may not happen within a reasonable period of time and much of it hasn't. That was the exact reason I gave the sales staff during the meetings taking place on the island and the sales staff didn't try to argue that  point with me. I actually thought they were very nice and not high pressure. I don't see a new hospital, I don't see a new airport, I get news letters that a general store is at the marina and electric and some roads are in but other than renderings of fancy beautiful non existent buildings I don't see much progress. Sizable business ventures like restaurants etc will not come till there is a large enough population to support them and thus far there isn't.

Reading this chatter it reminds me of the climate I felt during my visit.  There was a distinct feeling of "them and us" between the people who chose to purchase and those of us that didn't. Worcaholic please don't view these posting as bashing you, your community, your decision to buy, or anything else. In time this will all work out one way or the other. It sounds like you're happy with your decision and that the community is addressing your concerns and I'm sure people wish you well.

Posts such yours doing I dont view as bashing, but there several posts on this blog clearly are. If you read my previous post, I was seeking clarification as to why someone would make several returns to Sanctuary despite their firm standing that it was a scam. My question was fair. A trip to Sanctuary is kinda out of the way considering that he may not even live in Belize.

This blog is draining much like a few Yahoo Stock message boards. The development is similar to a stock. Everyone's entry-point timing into a stock varies. Some people enter early with greater risk and greater reward, some people end up paying more and risking less and some people just complain either way. I'm not here pushing an agenda, but rather offering my opinion on how I view things as an owner. I can appreciate a person's opinion to decline our place, but to yell "scam". I think thats a bit harsh. Cheers

Gee.  Well I don't know what Sanctuary Belize is, but I'm really happy with my little Mayan Seaside community that is a part of the greater Consejo area.  People are nice, homes are kept, and right now we're inundated by a torrential downpour!  But that's the 'god of rain's' fault. :)  and saying 'greater Consejo' is like saying "the bigger of the smallest of small!"  :::chuckle:::  Anyway, I'm happy.

Tuggle Not sure about the Caldwell Banker deal but we were ready to go to San Ignacio to buy property. During my wife and I discussion we saw an episode og HGTV featuring the real estate agent I had contacted so we were excited to watch the episode. The agent sold a house to the man and his daughters who had never been to Belize before but fell immediately in love with the country. About a month later I was looking at propertieson the agents web site and saw the house the man and his daughters supposedly bought for sale. I went back to the HGTV episode found the mans name and googled him. What I found out is that he is a real estate guy who sells things before it is built. In fact he had been to Belize on many occasions. When I questioned the real estate agent about it I was told he was really an investor and was building a time share development outside of San Ignacio. I can only surmise that the HGTV episode was a promotion for the area. When I questioned HGTV there was no response. I dodged a bullet but I came to believe I could never tell who to trust or not in Belize. The Honduran Bay Islands just south of Belize are special and that is where I will eventually buy. There are some scams popping up there but they do have some great real estate agents. I you are curious look at the site for MattandMargo or Marci Weirsman.

Tuggie - you are spot on with this link.  One of the women who purchased lots at SB with her husband is deeply involved with this group.  She and her husband are just about to close on a completed property in my community in Placencia, because they gave up any hope that their properties in SB would be completed in the foreseeable future.  There is a large group of owners at SB who are very unhappy with what has not been happening at SB, and they plan to take action very soon.  People should read the info on Andris Pukke under the SB Corp tab on this website to see what a sleazebag this guy really is.  And from what I understand, he is still very much involved in SB, although they do not use his name because of his criminal history.  A few years ago my husband and I were being courted by Steve Paxton, one of the SB sales guys from California, when we were looking to retire to Belize.  Thank goodness we never took their sales tour, because it sounds like they put something in the kool-aid and huge percentages of the people who take their tour end up buying.  We ended up buying a condo that was already built and just needed to have the interior finished out.  We have lived here full-time for 2 years now, and feel extremely fortunate to have found a place that is very well built and maintained and we were not scammed.  That cannot be said for very many places down here.  The most important advice I can give is to not buy anything that has not already been built, unless it is a private property on which you plan to build yourself.  Even in that case, you can expect it to take at least 2 - 3 years to complete, and you need to have someone there full-time to manage the construction.  There are so many unscrupulous people down here (primarily foreigners) that are trying to sell homes or condos based on conceptual pictures of what the places will look like when they are complete.  For many, if not the majority, this is as far as their communities will ever go.

LOL, thank you.