Vietnam

Love ya' babe!

Kind and Generous

Well said sir, sometimes we forget how welcoming a place it is here :D

Khong co chi - You r welcome :D And thank you for loving Vietnam

Dear Vietnam,

I STILL LOVE YA"!  It looked like I was finished, but I was saved again; saved by Vietnam and a few Vietnamese who believed in me.

I'd like to say Thank You and send you All of my Love, courtesy of Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Bonham and John Paul Jones, collectively known as "Led Zeppelin".

Dear teacher Mark
Apologies for using this room to respond the other topic because it was closed. I need to talk 'cause i feel hurt and I want they know more-just little about this country, about our thinking.
I wonder it is really true that he or someone like him can't find anything nice in VN. He doesn't want to know or he doesn't care?
One of the most basic characteristics of Vietnamese is warm. We're willing welcome you-foreigners with heart. We're willing forgive you easily if you make mistake. We're willing respect your cultural as well as your traditional. We're willing to learn more to be suitable with the international people. They enjoy these things so much. They enjoy what we can bring for them but after that they easily get angry if they catch our mistakes or they couldn't touch what they want. They compare our country with others.
Our country is developing so we are sure that we have to improve many things. Is that the reason they can talk with us as they bail cold water into our face?. Or is that the way educated person in rich country do? They don't know that they're living here, they earn money for their life from this country?

I also know many Vietnamese wanted to leave here.They wanted to go to the better places and leave behind them bad things, bad people. Many got their dreams. What things they could create for their country except bad words. After many years, many people feel regret for their choices, many people want to do something to fix what they'd ever thought, some want to come back. We- abandoned people- still welcome them warm with open arms. That's the kind of person we are. Don't require us to be warm with wide legs.

"We- abandoned people- still welcome them warm with open arms. That's the kind of person we are. Don't require us to be warm with wide legs."

That's a very strong quote.

I can't justify or explain the behavior/rantings of a person like that.  He's no more than a troll, surfing the Internet looking to cause problems. I doubt that he's an American, or that he's actually in Vietnam.

Teacher Mark,

What did you do?  Regardless, it is great to know that you are still in good spirit.  Lots of time, that is all you need to pull through the tighter turns...

Best wishes,
Howie

Wild_1 wrote:

Teacher Mark,

What did you do?  Regardless, it is great to know that you are still in good spirit.  Lots of time, that is all you need to pull through the tighter turns...

Best wishes,
Howie

I was knocking on doors, but not find8ng a job that paid anywhere near what I had been making a few years ago.  I passed on a few, then Ellis showed their true colors and I resigned. I was within days of either going back to Hanoi for a third try, or going home.   Then my phone rang 2 times within 15 minutes.  One job was in the north, the other in the south.  Both wanted me, based solely on a YouTube video of me teaching kids and a strong CV.  I chose to stay in the south at a modern, fully equipped facility.   Housing is included, as are 3 meals free per day...and the salary is almost 2X more!  This is by far the best teaching gig I've had, and I've had at least 10 of them!

Congrats on the new job.

Teacher Mark,

Yeah, congrats to you as well.  The grass is indeed greener on the other side, isn't it?

Anyone who comes to this wonderful country and it's friendly people then says they don't like it here should just shut up - turn around and go straight back where they came from - - - and when they get there, find a good psychiatrist to consult with. (Just my two cents worth)

Thanks for the well wishes and congratulations.  I got that job the day after I confronted that expat/tourist who was bashing Vietnam in front of around 50 Vietnamese.  I really lit into him!  I think Buddah was pleased and I know the Vietnamese certainly enjoyed it.

Teacher Mark wrote:

Thanks for the well wishes and congratulations.  I got that job the day after I confronted that expat/tourist who was bashing Vietnam in front of around 50 Vietnamese.  I really lit into him!  I think Buddah was pleased and I know the Vietnamese certainly enjoyed it.

congrats you friend. hope you have many memory in Vietnam
best regard.^^

ledinhhieu2008 wrote:
Teacher Mark wrote:

congrats you friend. hope you have many memory in Vietnam
best regard.^^

Oh, I've had a deluge of memories over the past few days.  Bottom line is that the type of scumbags I have dealt with exist the world over.

I don't quite understand the point of this forum topic?

Anyway, congrats Mark on your new job.  Regarding what you said about it being hard to get good work, I assume Vietnam is being swamped with foreigners these days due to the financial crisis in the West.  I think lots of unemployed westerners are coming to Vietnam for work teaching English which keeps the salaries lower.

The point of this topic is to express my gratitude to the country of Vietnam for changing my life.

I've been lied to, stolen from, insulted, made to look like a fool (which I can do quite nicely all by myself;no help required), wounded psychologically, spiritually and mentally.

Bottom line:  I love Vietnam, despite what has happened to me.  It is not the Vietnamese that I've had the most trouble with.  I love the students that everyone else calls "bad"; they're lions/lionesses and I am a lion tamer.  It's other expats and the school administrators that I typically have problems with, especially of late.

Don't cry for me, because I have plenty of options that pay well.  My dilemma is that the best one sends me back to the north, when my heart is in the south.

don't think too much and don't worry about it. you know that there is a good person and a bad person in anywhere, so just do the think you like. ^^

Teacher Mark
I agree with LeDinhHieu. I hope the best thing will come to you.

Thanks.  Everything turned out alright, or so it seems.  I found another job that keeps me in the warm weather of the south.  I just have to move, but I was planning on doing that anyway.

I feel very bad for the school in Bac Ninh though. They're having a real hard time finding a teacher. If any native speaking teachers up north need a job, send me a PM.

Looks like I've lost that lovin' feelin', because the idea of leaving here doesn't seem as bad as it used to.

Exodus

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7Vqd5n4GVOw/S7RRWWZHY8I/AAAAAAAAAWM/akJrzkII6-0/s1600/exodus1+copy.jpg

Teacher Mark wrote:

Thanks.  Everything turned out alright, or so it seems.  I found another job that keeps me in the warm weather of the south.  I just have to move, but I was planning on doing that anyway.

I feel very bad for the school in Bac Ninh though. They're having a real hard time finding a teacher. If any native speaking teachers up north need a job, send me a PM.

STFU stoopid!   :dumbom:

Teacher Mark wrote:

Looks like I've lost that lovin' feelin', because the idea of leaving here doesn't seem as bad as it used to.

Yeah, right!  I've got burgers that need a flippin', so I'ma not going anywhere!