Life in Amman

Hi!I want to move to Amman in August of 2012.I want to know how much money do you need to live in Amman comfortably?(4 persons in family:husband,wife,12 year old daughter and a baby girl).

you need about 800 to 1000$ at least, I'm from Jordan so I know that because the apartment rent about 500$ in the mouth , that's if you want live normal life.

What do you think about Dhayet Al Rashid(don't no if it is corectly :) )as a place to live?

it's excellent place to live and it is easy access to all Amman any thing more you can ask me direct in : [email protected]

That is the last thing i want to know:On which site you can find unfurnished apartments on a good price?:D

hey welcome to Jordan in advance I am Jordanian and umm it depends on how much u gay spend a month! I mean I am a single female living in the family house and I need more than 600$ a month to only cover my important needs, so for a family of 4 people, u need more than 1000$ for sure! without the apartment rent of course
anyway good luck though

Plannign to move to jordan by end of next month ... i wann to know about the country ..culture ..life ...expenses ...Rite now am in dubai ....i am coming there for 12 months for official porpose ...looking for good friends there

welcome Mr. Ali..
1. first and foremost, this life is in noway comparable to DUBAI/UAE life.
2.secondly, not much english speaking people will be available
3. it depends on where you are going to work.
4. i share many common things, as in ur profile..! :)
5. welcome to jordan

krish

thanks a lot pal ... hope i have got a friend

aman ali wrote:

Plannign to move to jordan by end of next month ... i wann to know about the country ..culture ..life ...expenses ...Rite now am in dubai ....i am coming there for 12 months for official porpose ...looking for good friends there

if you cook on your own...please bring all your favourite spices from Dubai. You are able to get the basic Indian spices here but they may not taste the same.

yeah... very valid point by UMM.. here you need to bring almost all indian food masalas of your choice.. even the red chilli powder will not be that chilli compared to indian taste... if you want detailed list, PM me! i will give the list! :lol:

HEY GUYS BE FRANK ...AM NOT A GOOD COOK LIKE ITALIANS ...IN MY 4 YEARS EXPAT LIFE ITS 70% DINING WAS IN SOME HOTEL ..AND STILL THE SAME ...and after coming there we wil sort it out ..hey tell me about the night life ? friends and all ?any parties ?...hows amman ... ?actually infront me the choices are 2 ..one come to amman and another go to malaysia ...my company is ready for the two choices ..thats wat am asking this much about Jordan ...i heard malaysia is beautiful and the same time life is so fast...now i wann to know about jordan

i think umm is a great cook ...are u working ther ?as wat ?hows ur experience about amman ....?

no thinking !!!!!!!!!! move to malasya!!!!!!!!..... too interested in PUB/DJ and dance, AMMAN will offer better choice than malasya. but, if you are out of amman, then malasya is better ! :rolleyes:

again night clubs will not be as simple/easy and fun filled like DUBAI... too many restrictions and arabic style.. you will feel lot of difference.. though i have not visited DJ here, i heard from the friends and i understand that ... but, i have visited DUBAI DJ...

livekrish wrote:

no thinking !!!!!!!!!! move to malasya!!!!!!!!..... too interested in PUB/DJ and dance, AMMAN will offer better choice than malasya. but, if you are out of amman, then malasya is better ! :rolleyes:

again night clubs will not be as simple/easy and fun filled like DUBAI... too many restrictions and arabic style.. you will feel lot of difference.. though i have not visited DJ here, i heard from the friends and i understand that ... but, i have visited DUBAI DJ...

Malaysia.. is my choice... I am from Singapore... and though weather is far better in Amman...Malaysia is better in my opinion.

are u living with family ? wats your expense per month ? wil u tell exactly in dollars ??////and for a single guy ?

aman ali wrote:

i think umm is a great cook ...are u working ther ?as wat ?hows ur experience about amman ....?

I have been to Dubai... it is similar to Singapore in many ways... Amman is safe but if your enjoy nightlife... KL Malaysia is better. I like to cook and bake but hard to find the ingredients in Amman...especially those that we use in Asian cooking..

wat all things umm ? anything special tell me ? sometimes i can bring that ....

any secret ingrediance .....

hey guys please give me reply about expenses

am spending around 500$ here everymonth ...is that enough ...how much it wil cost if family ?

aman ali wrote:

wat all things umm ? anything special tell me ? sometimes i can bring that ....

any secret ingrediance .....

mostly vegetables.. spices..no fresh coconut here... no banana leaves here... hard to find shallots... seafood... too darn expensive and not fresh eg. 20JD = US$30 for shrimps which are already black on the heads.

aman ali wrote:

am spending around 500$ here everymonth ...is that enough ...how much it wil cost if family ?

If you move to KL Malaysia... 500 US$ = slightly more than RM 1500 and that for a single man is definitely enough. Don't worry about nightlife in KL, there are plenty. If you are going to stay in Amman, if you don't go out or shop that much.. then it is fine because US$500 = 350 JD.. I think you can survive. But if you like to eat in hotels.. 500$ can only last you one or two weeks. For family, you need at least 700 JD or more.

ohh my god ....so its bit problem .. i wann fish and i love fish ....so wats the situation ...sea food is my life with a glass of red wine and good music ...wowo ...hmmm now situation is serious have to think about this very seriously ...if not i wil be dead with food scarcity ...umm thanks ...you girls know the senerio better ...thanks for that dear...wat about the personl expenses ? how much it wil be per month for A INDIVIDUL AM ASKING THE MINIMUM

JD2,500 minimum per month to live super comfortably (having an in house maid + dining + shopping + going frequently to Dead Sea & Aqaba hotels)

Enjoy it

May I remind you that you post on a very old and inactive thread (2012).

But I would like to comment on your budget: this is extremely rare that people  here spend monthly. But as you said you live super comfortably which is only given to a few.

No offense but u literally spit my coffee out when I read 2,500jd a month. I could live like a rock star if I made that here. :)

I am sorry that you spilled your coffee for that  :dumbom:

2,500 JD as i think is too high... i think it is depends on how many person are in the Family, and where the family lives in Jordan