- From: London
- Registered: 2008-05-28
- Posts: 120
Fun way to find Belgian friends!
To all expats in Belgium. I just found this website:
On it you can find Belgian host families who open up their house for you. You can make a reservation for dinner, a coffee, etc.
According the site this is their mission:
- Offer you a unique experience off the beaten track
- Introduce you to some of Belgium’s greatest attractions: Belgian cuisine and the hospitality of its people
- Provide you with insider-tips on how to make the most of your time in Belgium
- Let you practice your language skills while conversing over food and drinks
- Help you get to know locals and other internationals staying or residing in Belgium
- Make you feel truly at home during your stay in Belgium
It's not for free:
The price of each CommeChezMoi activity is 28 to 58 euro per guest, depending on the activity. Children under 12 years receive a 50% discount and children under 4 years are free of charge. All prices include applicable taxes.
We can make special arrangements for groups of 8 persons or more.
Since I'm Belgian myself I haven't tried it, but it seemed like a fun way to make contacts.