Private Nurse / Carer in Mauritius

Hello all, we have a friend who is currently recieving in hospital care, he is very ill and may need pallative type care in the fairly near future.  We have been advised that there are no hospices or pallative care facilities available in Mauritius so are wondering if anyone may know of any organisation or individual who provides personal in home care.  This may not be needed but it woud be good to know if this type of service is available should it be required.

Thanks for any information.

IIRC: There was an article in l"express last year about a woman who has started a service.  After a personal experience with her father , she has decided to start a "private nursing or home care" service. I have done a search but can't seem to find that article ( it was in French btw).

May be if you  call someone at L'express and ask them , may be they can do a search in their archive ( I  have used different terms to locate said article but to no avail)

HeyJude wrote:

Hello all, we have a friend who is currently recieving in hospital care, he is very ill and may need pallative type care in the fairly near future.  We have been advised that there are no hospices or pallative care facilities available in Mauritius so are wondering if anyone may know of any organisation or individual who provides personal in home care.  This may not be needed but it woud be good to know if this type of service is available should it be required.

Thanks for any information.

Hi

Take a look at nightingalehome.mu

The nursing home is in Curepipe. You can also find it on You Tube. On the web page it says that they deal with pallative care for all ages. Tele: 781 3234

Also contact Leonard Cheshire Homes - lcint.org. Although  Leonard Cheshire Homes deals with disabilities they may know of other organisations that can help.

Hi,
I know of a Mauritian nurse in my gym who told me just yesterday that she does home care for the sick, disabled etc.
Pls PM me the contact number, I will pass it on to her.

All the best!!!
Terence

Thank you all for your replies, they are very much appreciated I will follow up.

Hi Terence
Just saw your post - we are after a nurse and if would be so kind to pass on our details so she/he can contact us .Or alternatively you can give us her/his details and we can contact her/him.
We do have relatives in Mauritius that can follow up on our behalf to see if the person is suitable for what we need.
We need someone who is reliable and can be trusted.

Kind Regards,
Paola

paolajeanlouis wrote:

Hi Terence
Just saw your post - we are after a nurse and if would be so kind to pass on our details so she/he can contact us .Or alternatively you can give us her/his details and we can contact her/him.
We do have relatives in Mauritius that can follow up on our behalf to see if the person is suitable for what we need.
We need someone who is reliable and can be trusted.

Kind Regards,
Paola

This post is 3 years old and inactive so do not expect a reply. Please feel free to open a new thread.

Hello everyone,

This thread being completely obsolete from 2012, i am closing it.

Looking forward to reading you on new topics or recent threads of the Mauritius forum.

Cheers, :)
Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed