Iqama Transfer

Dear Expert,

My family (wife and two daughters) is coming to the Kingdom in April 2013 on permenant visa on my sponsorship. My wife is a Nurse by profession and wish to work in Saudi as well. All her Certificates are attested by concrened authorities and passed Saudi Pro-Metric. As I understand, the Saudi Law is not permitting any one to work on family visa. So, I am planning to change the TANAZIL of my wife to the hospital in which she gets a job.

Is it possible to do so? Is it a good move? What are the possible difficulties that I have to face due to this decision?

Please help me with your expert response in this regard.

Thanks

Jac

Dear,

Two year rule is related to old one but now everyone can transfer his/her Iqama after one year but mostly for the shake of money they said its two year.Most recently i transfer my Iqama after 1.5 years.

jacobpaul28 wrote:

Dear Expert,

My family (wife and two daughters) is coming to the Kingdom in April 2013 on permenant visa on my sponsorship. My wife is a Nurse by profession and wish to work in Saudi as well. All her Certificates are attested by concrened authorities and passed Saudi Pro-Metric. As I understand, the Saudi Law is not permitting any one to work on family visa. So, I am planning to change the TANAZIL of my wife to the hospital in which she gets a job.

Is it possible to do so? Is it a good move? What are the possible difficulties that I have to face due to this decision?

Please help me with your expert response in this regard.

Thanks

Jac

It is possible to change the sponsorship of your wife to another company, but the new company should have the visa and your wife might need to exit the country and enter again.

Sponsorship transfer while being a resident will not be possible since she is a dependent.

Hello!

I registered here in the Expat.com to ask a very particular question. I am a Filipino working in Riyadh for four years now. I have an offer from another company in Jeddah. I have a bank loan, 1 year and 4 months' worth of payments left. I really want to take the offer. How do I go about this? I'm really lost and I need to know what steps to take. Can I ask the bank to not cancel my account so I can still continue the payments for the loan while providing me with a clearance to go back to my country?

Any kind of help would be really appreciated. Thank you!

Edit: I've been reading and I see TheLegendLeads and HRGuru has answered a lot of the questions. If you could, please answer mine too. Thank you in advance!

desert_hawk wrote:

Hello!

I registered here in the Expat.com to ask a very particular question. I am a Filipino working in Riyadh for four years now. I have an offer from another company in Jeddah. I have a bank loan, 1 year and 4 months' worth of payments left. I really want to take the offer. How do I go about this? I'm really lost and I need to know what steps to take. Can I ask the bank to not cancel my account so I can still continue the payments for the loan while providing me with a clearance to go back to my country?

Any kind of help would be really appreciated. Thank you!

Edit: I've been reading and I see TheLegendLeads and HRGuru has answered a lot of the questions. If you could, please answer mine too. Thank you in advance!

If you are moving to Jeddah on sponsorship transfer you only need to inform the bank about the change in job, give them a copy of the offer / contract and that should do it.

The bank in turn will ask you to still continue transferring your salary to them even from the new company.

Hope this helps.

Problem is, I'm not going to transfer sponsorships. I need to go back to Manila first for the processing of all documents. Is that option still possible? Will they provide me the clearance for the exit? Will I need an NOC?

Many thanks, HRGuru. It's awesome that there are guys like you who're willing to help out. Keep on truckin', bud!

desert_hawk wrote:

Problem is, I'm not going to transfer sponsorships. I need to go back to Manila first for the processing of all documents. Is that option still possible? Will they provide me the clearance for the exit? Will I need an NOC?

Many thanks, HRGuru. It's awesome that there are guys like you who're willing to help out. Keep on truckin', bud!

If you are exiting the country to come back on a new visa then  you need to settle all dues before you leave and you need a clearance letter from the bank as well.

No other options in this case.

Wow, really? Can't I just do the previous one? I mean, I'm returning to the Kingdom, after all. It's not like I'm going to another country.

So, would I still require an NOC (No Objection Certificate) to return? Sorry for pestering you with these questions, bud. And thanks again!

hi friends.
i am from India, and i am working as traffic engineer for the last 2 years. My sponsorship is under another company and my profession on Iqama is labor. Now i want to change my profession and transfer to the company where i am working now. What are the procedure to transfer and profession change and how much time it will take for that? After changing my profession can i get a family visa? pPease advice.

thanks and regards,
Jiju

desert_hawk wrote:

Wow, really? Can't I just do the previous one? I mean, I'm returning to the Kingdom, after all. It's not like I'm going to another country.

So, would I still require an NOC (No Objection Certificate) to return? Sorry for pestering you with these questions, bud. And thanks again!

Even if you are returning to the Kingdom, in order to leave you need to clear your dues. You can pay them off and leave.

If you leave on final exit the NOC is not required any longer.

jiju vadakkiniyil wrote:

hi friends.
i am from India, and i am working as traffic engineer for the last 2 years. My sponsorship is under another company and my profession on Iqama is labor. Now i want to change my profession and transfer to the company where i am working now. What are the procedure to transfer and profession change and how much time it will take for that? After changing my profession can i get a family visa? pPease advice.

thanks and regards,
Jiju

You can change your profession, if you have attested degree certificate. The degree certificate should be attested from the Saudi embassy in the country from where you have taken the certificate. After getting the certificate you can apply to change your profession by paying the fees of SR.1000/-. You might need to register at SCE if you have an engineering degree. Once profession is changed you can apply for family visa.

Hi everyone.....

Could be a house driver visa can apply in company and change  sponsor and work another profession here in Saudi Arabia??????

i given my iqama and passport to my new company my current sponsor is in red category i didn't took any paper from him its 1 week now how i know they submit application to MOL for approval what else they need from my side ?

best regards,

Ali

Its been an year and half since I have been in my current employment in KSA. I am searching for good opportunities in different companies here. I heard that one cannot obtain the transfer from current employer to another before 2 years of the employment. Is it true and if yes then can any body provide me the source for this. Thanks

chriss24 wrote:

Hi everyone.....

Could be a house driver visa can apply in company and change  sponsor and work another profession here in Saudi Arabia??????

No. House driver profession is not meant for tranfer to other fields.

silversurfer84 wrote:

Its been an year and half since I have been in my current employment in KSA. I am searching for good opportunities in different companies here. I heard that one cannot obtain the transfer from current employer to another before 2 years of the employment. Is it true and if yes then can any body provide me the source for this. Thanks

Yes it's true and you must start looking now. 6 months are good to search, get hired, join and complete the probation period to get ready for the sponsorship transfer.

Thanks TheLegendLeads for the prompt reply!! Well Iam currently working in an audit firm, lately, I have been receiving calls for interviews but when they hear that my 2 years have not been completed yet, their only response comes as "Mr.Siddiqui, We'll come back to u later".

Further, Sir, can you provide me the source for this 2 years restrictions, as I could'nt find it in the Saudi Labour Law.

silversurfer84 wrote:

Thanks TheLegendLeads for the prompt reply!! Well Iam currently working in an audit firm, lately, I have been receiving calls for interviews but when they hear that my 2 years have not been completed yet, their only response comes as "Mr.Siddiqui, We'll come back to u later".

Further, Sir, can you provide me the source for this 2 years restrictions, as I could'nt find it in the Saudi Labour Law.

You will not find this in the labor law since this has been approved by royal decree 3-4 years ago. I havent seen a revised version of labor law recently and they might come up with a revision soon.

Please anybody help me .... I'm a new comer to saudi arabia,with a free visa, completed 5 months only. now the rules in saudi arabia tells that all people must work under their 'sponsor'.So can i change my sponsorship now ? Please anybody guide me ....

Joshkerala wrote:

Please anybody help me .... I'm a new comer to saudi arabia,with a free visa, completed 5 months only. now the rules in saudi arabia tells that all people must work under their 'sponsor'.So can i change my sponsorship now ? Please anybody guide me ....

You cannot change sponsorship for 2 yrs. The 2 yr rule and exceptions have already been discussed several times in this forum, a small search can give you all details.

Dears

Once again information is required from you.

Now my sponsor is in "Low Green" (اخضر منخفض)catagory, so do you have an idea that how much time will take to become in Red catagory if he couldnot fullfill the Govt requirenment?
and Iqama can renew in "Low Green" catagory ?

Thanks a lot,

I think yes

Thanks Dear

What about this

Now my sponsor is in "Low Green" (اخضر منخفض)catagory, so do you have an idea that how much time will take to become in Red catagory if he couldnot fullfill the Govt requirenment?

Dear Sir,
    I arrived Saudi On 8th Jan 2013. I came here on what they call Free Visa. I am a MBA graduate. My sponsor has told me to find any job of your own. I got a job as marketing analyst in one of the reputed company. But they want my visa to be transferred immediately. Is there anyway I can transfer my sponsorship with going for an exit. My sponsor will not be having any issues.Sir, please help.  My career is in stake.

Ahmadtanvir wrote:

Thanks Dear

What about this

Depends on your company's saudization, if there are less Saudi hiring or if an existing employee leaves automatically your company will be in red.

nijo wrote:

Dear Sir,
    I arrived Saudi On 8th Jan 2013. I came here on what they call Free Visa. I am a MBA graduate. My sponsor has told me to find any job of your own. I got a job as marketing analyst in one of the reputed company. But they want my visa to be transferred immediately. Is there anyway I can transfer my sponsorship with going for an exit. My sponsor will not be having any issues.Sir, please help.  My career is in stake.

You cannot transfer without completing two years. Options are to work for at least 1.6 yrs under this company without changing sponsorship, i believe they wont allow that, or check your new company's nitaqat status - if they are in green and your current sponsor in red, you can change now, if they are in green and your current sponsor in green as well, you cannot change unless your new company's status in excellent.

Thanks a lot Mr.Guru

If comany dn't hire more saudi and no more saudi leave the company then Company's catogary color will be same or will go down after some specific period?

BR,

Ahmadtanvir wrote:

Thanks a lot Mr.Guru

If comany dn't hire more saudi and no more saudi leave the company then Company's catogary color will be same or will go down after some specific period?

BR,

This is not something that declines or expires by time and is linked with staff numbers as I mentioned before.

Dear,

As per current situation going on in KSA, i want to know either the rule for transfer ikama for completing two years is valid or not...?
after how much time we can transfer ikama...?
my trade in ikama is Bina Aaam..

PLease help me...

Thanks a lot Dear

I heard that now a days Saudi Govt is going to strict that a man should be work under their sponsor's company as per their Iqama'a proffession or he should transfer his iqama whers he is working otherwise Govt will out him fro KSA.

So do you have any Idea that how can I get transfer from my sponsor as he is not ready and his company is " Low Green" catagory?

Can Govt support me any ?

Thanks & Regards,

chtahirgujjar wrote:

Dear,

As per current situation going on in KSA, i want to know either the rule for transfer ikama for completing two years is valid or not...?
after how much time we can transfer ikama...?
my trade in ikama is Bina Aaam..

PLease help me...

Iqama transfer only in two years. Please search the forum for my detailed answer earlier on the same subject.

Ahmadtanvir wrote:

Thanks a lot Dear

I heard that now a days Saudi Govt is going to strict that a man should be work under their sponsor's company as per their Iqama'a proffession or he should transfer his iqama whers he is working otherwise Govt will out him fro KSA.

So do you have any Idea that how can I get transfer from my sponsor as he is not ready and his company is " Low Green" catagory?

Can Govt support me any ?

Thanks & Regards,

Govt will support you only in transfer or giving you final exit. Find a company / sponsor who is in green and who will change your sponsorship to them and change it - if you have completed two years already with the current sponsor.

Ghaz.Q wrote:

Salam,

I need advice on this. I am going to take my first kafala from my azad visa to the company i am currently working. I have already completed almost 3 years with my original kafeel.

In how much time can i again take kafala from this new company to another one & what to do if they don't give me release? is there a possibility that they might give me a final exit?

I am confused. Your help needed.

You can change sponsorship now since you completed two years already. You need to stay another two years before taking a release from this new sponsor again. There is a possibility they can give exit - you can challenge this of course since you gave your visa to them (by means of sponsorship transfer). If you have completed two years and if you found another willing sponsor in green category who will take you (and that you are not moving to a competing company in a competing position), then your sponsor cannot give you final exit. You can take him to the court and they will release you.

Salam alikum , please help me by giving some information .... My iqama is in red so i said my kafeel to give me transfer letters , after 15 days he said to me that my fees of chamber of commerce is not paid give me 2000 riyals and then ill give u transfer , i paid him but when i recieved transfer letter by post their is no stamp of chamber of commerce ! I asked him he said my computer is totally closed and now i can't do anything for u , do by ur self , i gave trasfer letters to new kafeel , he also said that chamber of commerce stamp is necessary, now please tell me what should i do ? And today when i checked my iqama status it was low green what is that ? What is meaning of low green ?

Really Thanks & Appricate your advices.

As i wrote the my existing sponsor (Low Green) is not ready to give me release as my working company (Green) is ready to take transfer.
I already spend around four years with my existing sponsor.

I cannot go to final exit, so in that what can I do?

Govt Labour Office/ Human right office can support me?

Thanks,

salam hi there,

i am new to kingdom just 6 months old. working with a green zone company. my question is can i transfer my iqama to company where i am employed righ now? i heard it cant be as i have to complete my sponsorship with the same khafeel for 2 years. is it mandatory? plz  reply me as soon as possible.

Thanks for ur reply. However i have heard that the 2 years restriction is for the 1st kafeel only.and that onwards its 1 year. So wud any1 cinfirm this?

Ghaz.Q wrote:

Thanks for ur reply. However i have heard that the 2 years restriction is for the 1st kafeel only.and that onwards its 1 year. So wud any1 cinfirm this?

Two years with each sponsor; no matter 1st, 2nd whatever.

Ahmadtanvir wrote:

Really Thanks & Appricate your advices.

As i wrote the my existing sponsor (Low Green) is not ready to give me release as my working company (Green) is ready to take transfer.
I already spend around four years with my existing sponsor.

I cannot go to final exit, so in that what can I do?

Govt Labour Office/ Human right office can support me?

Thanks,

If your current sponsor is in low green and new one in green and you have already completed 2 yrs or more you should be given release. Then again its the right of the employer, you can approach labor court or jawazat and they can help you out on this.

Kmemon wrote:

Salam alikum , please help me by giving some information .... My iqama is in red so i said my kafeel to give me transfer letters , after 15 days he said to me that my fees of chamber of commerce is not paid give me 2000 riyals and then ill give u transfer , i paid him but when i recieved transfer letter by post their is no stamp of chamber of commerce ! I asked him he said my computer is totally closed and now i can't do anything for u , do by ur self , i gave trasfer letters to new kafeel , he also said that chamber of commerce stamp is necessary, now please tell me what should i do ? And today when i checked my iqama status it was low green what is that ? What is meaning of low green ?

If you want solution, get the letters attested even by hook or crook and get the transfer done from red. Go to chamber and try with the letter formally, if they say not possible there are"solutions" lurking around in very COC premises at the cost of 250- 500 SAR.