Iqama Transfer

i thought only ksa government can ban us from entering to their nation.actually thinks r like this i got an offer from another company so i thought of going in exit when my current company's GM come to know about it he order to make exit with 2 years ban for me.

P.S.:i didn't come in their visa i was in student visa then i transferred mine under them.

pls.advise me how to handle this.

wasim.pharmacist wrote:

i am pharmacist and my profession on iqama is auto mechanic. please guide me how i change my profesion to a pharmacist profession.kindly guide me whole process. my mail address is wasim.mt34[at]gmail.com
your information will be appreciated

It's a matter of presenting attested educational documents (to justify your standing for the desired profession) along with an online application filled. I suggest you talk to your HR department. They must be able to help you better.

@seizure, the KSA law is written in the way to secure the employers benefits to the maximum. Employers always have options to report to the passports department that someone may harm their business if brought back to the kingdom. Most companies don't care and in fact never report a black-listing. For all others, it's better to conclude with them cool-mindedly.

seizure wrote:

i thought only ksa government can ban us from entering to their nation.actually thinks r like this i got an offer from another company so i thought of going in exit when my current company's GM come to know about it he order to make exit with 2 years ban for me.

P.S.:i didn't come in their visa i was in student visa then i transferred mine under them.

pls.advise me how to handle this.

thank you so much bhai TLL

Thanks Dr Hassan Malik,
it would be great if you can guide me, what papers are required and which office is responsible to do all this, so that we can proceed in the right direction.
Regards

DrHassanMalik wrote:

YES ITS CHANGE ABLE ! I changed my iqama from my fathers kafaala to hospitals kafaala. u just need to do some paper work ! and no under the table feeds required.. PM and i will try help you out in it..

DBZ wrote:

To legend leads...
hi, i just got to read some of your expert advices and must say... u hav a sound knowledge about the paper work, which is very confusing here in saudia arabia, as there is no clearcut pathway. every single case is dealt in a seperate manner.

i am a pakistani female, on a physician visa in a govmt institute. my husband has come on a 'murafiq visa' and his iqama clearly says 'not permitted to work" but he is a civil engineer with vast experience and has got a job here for almost a year.
his company wants naqal kifala for official reasons.

My question is: i am the sponsor of my family. what process should we follow, to get his sponsorship transferred?
please let me know, as we are new in the seystem and for quite long trying to gather accurate information.
Thanx

Dear Dr Hassan Malik
i am pharmacist and my profession on iqama is auto mechanic. i have attested my degree from HEC and Forien office from pakistan. please guide me how i change my profesion to a pharmacist profession.kindly guide me whole process. my mail address is wasim.mt34[at]gmail.com

wasim.pharmacist wrote:

Dear Dr Hassan Malik
i am pharmacist and my profession on iqama is auto mechanic. i have attested my degree from HEC and Forien office from pakistan. please guide me how i change my profesion to a pharmacist profession.kindly guide me whole process. my mail address is wasim.mt34[at]gmail.com

You should attest your Degrees from Saudi Culture Office and then Saudi Embassy, and then bring to saudi arabia

Dear Dr Hassan Malik

wasim.pharmacist wrote:

Dear Dr Hassan Malik

wasim, it would be easier if you could call me.. il pm u my cell number
Regards

Hello TLL sir,

I came to Saudi Arabis on company VISA 5 months before. Now there are some situations because of which i need to change sponsor. I have two questions

1) Because i have a company VISA. Can i get release from my current employer.
2) How much time minimum i have to stay with him before changing my sponsorship? 1 year or 2 year.
3) If he will be agreed to keep me on his sponsor ship for one year, can i work some where else?

regards,

usmanmunir01 wrote:

1) Because i have a company VISA. Can i get release from my current employer.
2) How much time minimum i have to stay with him before changing my sponsorship? 1 year or 2 year.

You cannot get sponsorship changed before the completion of ONE year.

usmanmunir01 wrote:

3) If he will be agreed to keep me on his sponsor ship for one year, can i work some where else?

Yes, if your new employer doesn't have a problem. Though it will NOT be legal. Employer's constent doesn't change the law.

Hi TLL,
I would like to know if getting a new visa(from a new offer) can be an option for an expatriate if he has not completed one year minimum with his previous employer.........(i.e existing from the Kingdom to come on a new visa)

Hi TLL,
I would like to know if getting a new visa(from a new offer) can be an option for an expatriate if he has not completed one year minimum with his previous employer.........(i.e existing from the Kingdom to come on a new visa)

lklk wrote:

Hi TLL,

Why not? Obtain new visa. Get the final exit from the current employer. Go back to your country and apply for the new visa. Neither NoC needed nor the wait time.

Thanks Tll for the prompt answer.
Please i would also like to know if one can still hang around the kingdom if for example you still have 1year validity on your iqama and you have already sign-out and ended your contract with your current employer. Can one wait the the end of the iqama period before asking for an exit visa from the employer.....Kindly throw light on this.....Thanks and May Allah bless u abundantly....

See: work contract is one thing and Iqama is another. Iqama is the residential permit i.e. your legal status to hang around in KSA.

Your employer may ask you to leave on contract expiry/termination but they must not have problems if you ask the final-exit a little before the iqama expiry.

However, to be safe against any surprizes, have a look at the contract. Does it say that you'll have to exit immediately on contract expiry/termination?

Dear sir,

I have been working with a company for the last 4 months. My actual company is in Dubai but my company has made a partnership with a company here in Saudi and i came on saudi company sponsor ship. Now the complete management has been changed for saudi company and they don't want to keep this partner ship. My company is arranging a new partner so that  could be transferred to him. If my company will give me release, can i transfer my iqama to new kafeel. My current employer is under Green Category.

2 - How many years i have to spend with this employer if my Iqama can not be transferred to other sponsor?

regards,

You have to complete one year with your current sponsor.

Hello,

i'd like to know if i can get a personal's driver iqama transferred if I want to work for any company?

Siwwaq Shakhsi (Personal Driver) is one of red professions not supposed to be transferred. However, it's not an impossibility. I presume it must depend on how strong the new sponsor appears in Jawazat files and how influential he proves to be in the matter.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

I consider Free (Azad) visa as something extremely weird. It's a common name rather than a legal term. Called 'free' coz it's free-of-job; not free-of-cost.

You've to touch down and look for a job on your own, bear all expenses incurred whatsoever on YOU. Once you get some work, you work illegal (as working for anyone else than one's sponsor is in all cases against the law).

If enquired, at no cost let them know that you work for someone else. Stand confident and handle the situation firmly.

Before one year expires (since you landed), prepare and get sponsorship changed to some decent employer (company, not person) without delays.

crawley eagles wrote:

Dear anyone knows,
If you are on free visa and work on another company then your kafil. If by chance jawazat ppl ask you where you work. what we have to say . Yesterday they come to one baqala where i was buying things , they ask everyone to show iqama and they ask me your iqama is from Hail and what you are doing in Dammam. Tell us where you work dont lie i said i just arrived in dammam and i am looking for job these days. At last they let me go, i was just wondering what is the appropriate answer ? TheLegendLeads specially your answer is needed.

Hello,
Is it possible to get transfer before 2 years time if both current and future sponsors agree?
Thank you.

The bar is on transfer before ONE year; not TWO.

pleased give advise...

is it possible to transfer your sponsorship to other company?

scenario: less than a year in present employer and the company applying for is hired you and gave a demand letter to transfer your sponsorship to them.

is it possible? the iqama is transferable. kindly give advise please!!!

TheLegendLeads wrote:

The bar is on transfer before ONE year; not TWO.

Thanks a lot.

dhen0215 wrote:

pleased give advise...

is it possible to transfer your sponsorship to other company?

scenario: less than a year in present employer and the company applying for is hired you and gave a demand letter to transfer your sponsorship to them.

is it possible? the iqama is transferable. kindly give advise please!!!

No, it's not. You'll have to wait.

Sallam,

My Name is Ali Sikandar, I am living and working in Jeddah from last 23 months. I came on Azad visa and five months back decided to transfer my Iqama to company where I am working. I asked my kafeel for release letters, he gave me Two release letters with my passport. I submitted those two letters with my original Iqama and Passport to my company head office in Riyadh. Now last month my Mandoob woke up and told me that he need another letter called (Wakala) from my Kafeel as the release letters are not attested from Chamber of Commerce, because my kafeel is an individual and not having any company or establishment thus no CR. I am requesting my kafeel for that (Wakala) but he is not giving me that letter and now not even answering my calls. My iqama is going to expire in October 2012, next month.

Please advise if what is the solution as my Mandoob says that he can not do anything without a (Wakala). My kafeel is not ready to cooperate now. I will appreciate the earliest response as I have got very short time left in Iqama expiry.

Thanks in advance!

Ali

@TheLegendLeads, dear TheLegendLeads ive been reading your replies to the people and i must say , that i was soo happy so find a person who knows so much of this dark and restricted society..and for this ur truly a legend....:)

well on to my question/issue.
Iam from karachi and
I have been keeping my iqama for more than 15 years, under the status of Student with my father .
now that ive finally decided after completing my C.A. to start a career here, they after keeping iqama with them for 3 months , have now said that either I  go on a exit or take KAFALA (i.e.transfer).

and until i take action  on either of these 2 options ,, my whole famiy's iqamas and passports are withheld with them, causing further delays to join their studies in Pakistan.   

i ve already applied to many companies and was awaiting their response..but since this incident has happened , i have not been able to decide what action shuld i take...

1. should i ask for companies to transfer my student visa in to their professio nal visa...
2. find a individual kafeel and ask him to take my transfer on any labour or  like visa....

3.iam also not aware as to what time these both processes will take.. so that i can separate myself from my family;s iqamas and let them freee to take their actions.

4. Further  is i take my transfer to any individual kafeel can i transfer locally myself to an appropraite company's visa before the expiry of 2 years by any

and does it create a bad expressions a company to tell them that iam on a labour visa with some saudi kafeel;..

dear Legend i really need ur sincere advice on this ..  also there is a lot of pressure from my family :) too to take an early action ..hope u understand my situation

thanks alot

@ali.sikandar,
Your sponsor must co-operate (may be he needs money :whistle: ). The 'wakala' is the authority letter that will state that your potential employer can take care of the legal matters about you. Try to involve your company officials or any other influential local to help.

@jjscorpio,

Pt#1: There can't a better solution than you get a job fast and a professional organization takes your sponsoship. Try hard. That's the best solution.

Pt#2: As your situation is impeding the iqama renewal of other family members, you may consider such a solution. Look for a trustable local, pay him and let your sponsorship go to him for the time being.

Pt#3: 2 months in rough. You need to move fast.

Pt#4: 1 year, not 2.

Pt#5: Not at all. Everyone knows the situation here.

Dear Members

From the discussions, it is clear that completing two yars with our first sponser is a must for getting local transfer.

I would like to know since when this 2 years is counted.

Is it from the visa issue date or First Iqama issue date.

Also the two years is of Hijri Calender or Gregorian calender.

Please Advise.

Dear Expat Guru,
Iam working in shipping and logistics company and my iqama (labour Cadre) is from my company nominated QAFEEL  it means they paid for sponsorship.
Apparently  my iqama expired on September 2012 and my existing company wants to transfer under their own sponsorship with executive profession also process started to transfer but in this mean time  I got a new offer from another company with good salary in Saudi Arabia .

Hence I request you to advise how to  get rid off from my existing company with  my belongings with them such as PASS PORT AND GRADUATION CERTIFICATE.

NOTE : THEY NEVER ACCEPT FOR TRANSFER .

Hello brother,

I have a question, I bought a free visa (the azaad visa) and in January 2011, and reached Saudi Arabia on 2nd Feb 2011.

I got my iqama for 2 years and my iqama would expire on 9th April 2013 (technically 26 months)..

I want to take transfer in the company I am working now.

I know that the transfer could be done after I complete 2 years under my first sponsor.

My question for you is, can I apply for the transfer after I complete 24 months that is 2 years. ????

Or do I need to wait till my iqama renewal, and that time I renew my iqama and apply for the transfer.

Dear Brothers AOA,

I am living in KSA for more than 4 1/2 years on an Iqama with profession of Computer Engineer (registered in SCE) in a Green company.

I have offer from another company (again in Green) but they want me to check if my Iqama is transferable as there are certain nationals where it is not permissible.

Can someone guide me how to check if my current Iqama is transferable (I trust that my current employer would not have any problem in releasing me)and also if Pakistan is under the Iqama freeze?

Appreciate your earliest help in this regard.

RKV wrote:

Dear Members

From the discussions, it is clear that completing two yars with our first sponser is a must for getting local transfer.

I would like to know since when this 2 years is counted.

Is it from the visa issue date or First Iqama issue date.

Also the two years is of Hijri Calender or Gregorian calender.

Please Advise.

01 years from date of issue of iqama following Hijri Calendar

sajamil wrote:

Dear Brothers AOA,

I am living in KSA for more than 4 1/2 years on an Iqama with profession of Computer Engineer (registered in SCE) in a Green company.

I have offer from another company (again in Green) but they want me to check if my Iqama is transferable as there are certain nationals where it is not permissible.

Can someone guide me how to check if my current Iqama is transferable (I trust that my current employer would not have any problem in releasing me)and also if Pakistan is under the Iqama freeze?

Appreciate your earliest help in this regard.

No ban on Iqama transfer for Pakistanis. Never been.

is the two year issue still valid. have received a MASSIVE offer from another company and want to cross over as soon as possible. Is there any way of circumventing the two year story?

supadog wrote:

is the two year issue still valid. have received a MASSIVE offer from another company and want to cross over as soon as possible. Is there any way of circumventing the two year story?

Consider getting out of the country (as per early termination clause of your current contract) and getting back on the new employer's visa.

Thanks a million!!! you are most helpful!!

hi,my fred want a transfer from a khafil, but he is asking alot of money.who dictates how much should be the transfer fee.could you also help him to get better commercial driver positions.
thanku

betty2003 wrote:

hi,my fred want a transfer from a khafil, but he is asking alot of money.who dictates how much should be the transfer fee.could you also help him to get better commercial driver positions.
thanku

Govt Fees for the process:
First Transfer: 2,000
Second Transfer: 4,000
Third Transfer: 6,000