Living in or around Ojochal

We would like to move to Costa Rica in the near future.  We are not ready to retire yet, so we would need to work.  We have school age kids (2nd grade now).  Can anyone comment on this area from Uvita, south to Chontales as a place to relocate with kids.  Thanks.

Hi lauramacpherson!

Have you taken a look at the different threads of the forum? It may help.;)

Harmonie.

Hi Harmonie,
I didn't see any other discussions on this area.  Maybe I'm missing something??  Laura

Hi - I have lived in Ojochal for almost three years.  It is a beautiful part of Costa Rica.  There are lots of families with young children, both exPat and Ticos. 

have you heard of Escuela Verde Costa Ballena?  It is an amazing school run by two dedicated, intelligent women from the US.  Cheryl and/or Naomi will be best able to answer your questions.  Take a look at their website.

There are local options for schooling but I'm not sure that the standards would be acceptable to most. 

I hope this helps!
Jan

Hi Jan,
We have heard about the Escuela Verde school.  We are planning to come down this winter for 4 months with our kids and 2 dogs to try and get a feel for the area and see if we could live there permanently.  We do have to make some sort of living. I've heard its no so easy to start a business or work down there. Do you work here, are you retired?  Thanks for any info.
Laura