Getting married in Bahrain

Did you get in touch with your embassy regarding this? Since none of you are Bahraini, I don't think Bahrain will care whether he converts or not.

Getting married in Bahrain is fairly straightforward - as far as I remember, you will need two male witnesses, your birth certificates, a paper attested by your respective embassies proving that you are free to marry (that is, that you are not married already), attested copies of a divorce certificate if one of you has previously been divorced, and medical certificates - you must pass certain medical tests before getting married, similar to the ones for residency visa. If you are employed in GCC, you will also need a letter of no objection to marriage from your employer. The marriage office is somewhere in the shopping mall in Hoora (I think).

Hi good day.im filipina christian. I want to marry a pakistani muslim.. All our papers are ready. I have my NOC from my embassy and we did a pre marital examination already. We wil apply a civil marriage in here in Bahrain. Do i need to convert to muslim to marry him??? Is it really required?? What are my right to refuse? As far as i know muslim can marry christians.

hi , i am a Pakistani Muslim  and want to marry a Filipino girl (roman catholic)  in Bahrain.   we are planning for civil marriage. kindly tell me the complete procedure what we have to do to get marry as soon as possible.  what papers , procedure required to marry a Filipino roman catholic girl in Bahrain.

Thanks

RASHID

dear rashidanwar,

kindly read through the previous posts :)

good luck & god bless

T&R

Hi
You can directly walk in and ask for all the needed information

T&R

christians do live in Saudia whats wrong?
they work here... come from different countries...
don't be extremist... try to understand reality

I'm non-Saudi and want to marry a saudi man. Is it possible I can get married in another country and reside in Saudi arabia. I have Iqama because I'm working in a university in KSA.

Quickly scrolled through, but didn't see a relevant answer, how can an American marry a Philippina in Bahrain. I have the required paperwork, but do we need to go to the embassy to get married (legal documents only for now, not wedding party)? Anyone know?

Hi,

Yes, your respective embassy can give you all the needed info.

T&R

hi i have read thru all of this. and understand that myself(US) and my fiancé(filipina) have to get certain paperwork from our respective embassies. but according to the US embassy site we can go to the ministry of justice to get married and i read somewhere in here that there is a marriage place in a mall in hoora. could someone please be a little more specific or tell me where to go once we have all our papers. the ministry of justice website is a joke and most links lead to internal errors. no help there. thanks in advance.

randychnr69 wrote:

hi i have read thru all of this. and understand that myself(US) and my fiancé(filipina) have to get certain paperwork from our respective embassies. but according to the US embassy site we can go to the ministry of justice to get married and i read somewhere in here that there is a marriage place in a mall in hoora. could someone please be a little more specific or tell me where to go once we have all our papers. the ministry of justice website is a joke and most links lead to internal errors. no help there. thanks in advance.

Hi there.

The Ministry of Justice does not register marriages of foreigners anymore. This was the practice a few years back, but due to various issues, they have stopped this practice.

So the only authority that can register marriages will be the embassy of your own country. In case of a marriage such as yours (marriage between different nationalities), you will need to get a No Objection Certificate from the Embassy of Philippines in Bahrain - permitting one of their nationals to marry under US Marriage laws and to have that marriage registered at the US Embassy.

Best wishes in advance to you all!

JohnComeaux wrote:

Quickly scrolled through, but didn't see a relevant answer, how can an American marry a Philippina in Bahrain. I have the required paperwork, but do we need to go to the embassy to get married (legal documents only for now, not wedding party)? Anyone know?

Hi JohnComeaux

Please see previous response. Also applies to you and your fiancee.

Best wishes to you both too.

thanks for the info.unfortunately the US embassy does not do marriages and the filipino embassy only marries if both are filipino.

randychnr69 wrote:

thanks for the info.unfortunately the US embassy does not do marriages and the filipino embassy only marries if both are filipino.

As far as I know:

Both of you will need NOCs from your respective embassies and employer/sponsors.  Some links for Embassy processes:

Philippines: http://bahrainofw.com/filipino-marriage-manama-bahrain/
US: https://bh.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-se … /marriage/

With these in hand, you will approach one of the churches that can perform the ceremony.  Here is a link which details process and has contacts for the ceremony / documentation (separate church for roman Catholics):

http://www.stchcathedral.org/?page_id=37

Following this, reporting needs to be done at the Ministry of Justice / Foreign Affairs followed by procedures at your respective Embassies.

Yea we know about that papers from our embassies. I was looking for places to get it done. And you gave me a lot.  Thanks a lot.

hi all,

i just wanted to let all of you know after some foot work. the ministry of justice DOES marriages for expats here in bahrain. i will upload the requirements a little later. and just for those whom dont know they are located in Gosi Complex.

and out of curiosity does anyone know what they are testing for in the blood test?

Also would anyone know exactly they require in the no objection letter?

thanks all for your feed back.

May vary but generally:

G6PD
HIV 1 & 2
Veneral Diseases Screen VDRL
Complete Blood Count (Hb PCV WBC - Blood Grouping)
TPHA
Haemoglobin Electrophoresis
Blood Group & Rh typing
Rubella Antibodies IgG
Hepatitis B
Hepatitis C

What requirements are needed for marriage? Im a Filipina and my partner is a Pakistani. Thanks!

here is what i was given from the ministry of justice for requirements:

1. permission from both embassies
2. permission from both employer or sponsor
3. original passports and copy of both passports
4. 2 male witnesses and copy of their CPR
5. in the case of being widow / a widower or a divorcee, a certificate is required and to be present by the concerned party( that one i dont understand)
6. a pre-marriage medical test certificate for both parties
7. all the above mentioned documents could be submitted in advance by any party
8. documents 1,2, and 5 must be translated in arabic
9. the dress of both parties should be decent and formal.

now what they mean by formal im not sure and would like to know

Decent and formal means (for expats); suits or formal national attire for men.  For women, long formal dresses but primarily, control on the skin / cleavage :)

Omg I have to wear a suit. Hahahaha that sucks. Oh well gotta do what I gotta do. Thanks

What necessary documents needed to be carried all the times if married couples in bahrain? Im a Filipina working in Bahrain and my husband a Pakistani working in Saudi. He will visit me in Bahrain.

dsftkhan wrote:

What necessary documents needed to be carried all the times if married couples in bahrain? Im a Filipina working in Bahrain and my husband a Pakistani working in Saudi. He will visit me in Bahrain.

Kindly read randychnr69 's response.

T&R

I mean do i have to bring marriage certificate all the time co im afraid maybe police will question us. Or in times we will stay in a hotel

does anyone know what is required in the sponsor letter? i ask because i want to write it up first so my boss can read it and sign it instead of him writing it himself.

i dont think you have to carry anything with you. maybe if you go to a hotel or something like that i might carry the marriage cert with me but for everyday things nope

Could someone tell what does the formal dress rule for marriage mean?

I am an indian woman..so it is mandatory that we wear our traditional dress..like saree for eg..so ,does that come under formal?

I'm a Kenyan nationality  and I'm planning to get married to Germany nationality here in Bahrain  whats is the procedure?

Neetz wrote:

I am an indian woman..so it is mandatory that we wear our traditional dress..like saree for eg..so ,does that come under formal?

Not necessarily,  but decent clothes.

I'm glad hopefully all will be well with the grace of God

Hi dear
How are you
Did you got married or what.
Please can you guid me i am looking to get married a sauid women in bahrain
What is the procedue
What kind of requirment
How long it will take time.

Hi dear
Did you got married???

Hi All,
I'm really hoping someone can answer me regarding this. Is there anyone here knows a lawyer that makes a paper that is same as a marriage contract that will allow for a man and woman to stay together like a real couple that even hospitals and other government agencies accepts. Due to a complicated issues with me from my first marriage that's why we are checking for this as an option.

Thanks so much

There is no such thing and nothing of that sort will be recognized by any government department.

The only way for a marriage to be recognized legally in Bahrain is to:

Get married here
Depending on your nationality, this may require:

Proof of civil status and NOC from your Embassies
Religious ceremony at a church or mosque
Appearance at the MOJ for contract legalization or even ceremony in some cases

It is only after all of these steps that you will be recognized as married in Bahrain.

OR

Get married in home country

The only other alternative is to get married in your home countries, get a marriage certificate, get it attested by your Ministry of Foreign Affairs and then the Bahrain embassy in home country.

hi

your man from cairo maadi working in jeddah.His name semsem or ahmed? You got one daughter now? You are living in Philip pines now? where your man have been 2 july until 6 july?

Your message is meant for who?

The original post is very old and the poster may no longer be on these forums.

I am Srilankan national working in Saudi and my girlfriend from America she will visit Bahrain soon and we are planning to get married in Bahrain during her visit. I saw some post I can get register or civil marriage in Bahrain.  The marriage office is somewhere in the shopping mall in Hoora.

if someone can give me the exact location and the contact details in the above mention marriage office. I will be highly appreciated.

thank you very much

That isn't a marriage office.  It is Ministry of Justice.  Read through this thread and especially my response above.  It is not easy to do when one of you is not resident here and some documents are needed from your Embassies.