Getting married in Belarus

Hi all,

We invite all the ones who got married in Belarus or who are about to get married in Belarus to participate in this thread :)

What are the formalities to get married in Belarus? Is it the same for a couple of foreigners of for a mixed couple (between a foreigner and a native of Belarus)?

Are the procedures complicated?

How long does it take to carry out all the formalities?

Thank you in advance for participating,

Armand

hello armand

i am from  india. i have a belarusian girlfriend who lives in minsk. we are planning to marry now and may be by the end of next year we will marry.i would like to know being a foreigner how easy and difficult for me to get marry my girlfriend?we love each other and we want to be together.but still if i get a chance i would love to come to minsk and stay with her since i loved the country.but anyways kindly do tell me what is the procedure to marry in belarus and how much time it takes ?

thank you

Kindly Update me on the same too
regards

Marriage in Belarus must be Registered at the ZAGS office, For A Foreigner you must have a proof of Bachelor hood Certificate from your Embassy.

Secondly you must have your Passport Translated and Notorised in to The Belarus national language of Russian or Belarussian.

After which you canproceed with your spouse to the Local Zags office in the Region and make a formal application for Marriage.

But my advise is, if you have a Belarussian Girlfriend she can help you out with all this as she will visit the Zags office and get a specific information as regards to your case and Nationality