Getting married in Lebanon

Hi all,

We invite all the ones who got married in Lebanon or who are about to get married in Lebanon to participate in this thread :)

What are the formalities to get married in Lebanon? Is it the same for a couple of foreigners of for a mixed couple (between a foreigner and a native of Lebanon)?

Are the procedures complicated?

How long does it take to carry out all the formalities?

Thank you in advance for participating,

Armand

Hi Armand,
          I am an Australian and I am married to a Lebanese. We married in Lebanon in November 2011. My husband and I are both Muslims so it took one day for all my paper work and his to be checked over by the Sheikh. The next day we were married. After this I then had to be interviewed by the police and do a report so that my husband could add me as his wife on his papers ( Identification ) This was a long day and process and I had to get all my papers being passport, birth certificate, Letter of status ( being single ) translated from english to arabic. It took 8 weeks for all the paper work to be legalised and to have a file registered that we were married and my name added to my husbands identification. I am not sure how it works for christians in Lebanon but this was the process for myself and my husband.

regards,
LadyLizzy

Thanks for your contribution LadyLizzy!:top:

Harmonie.

nice reply,its enough to understd everyone.thanks lady....

Hi all ,
What about if one of them Muslim and the other not(but he convert) I don't know if there are kind of papers to approve that
Do they have civil marriage so they don't care about what religion of the two
Am talking when both not Lebanese
Thanks a lot