How do we get invited to parties in riyadh

can anyone help me find a better life out here to stop the boredom wrecking what is a very good opportunity for me

Thx:D

If you freely and readily 'put out,' you'll be invited to parties every night of the week ;)

you do speak the truth. Now, if those people are the kind you want to be hanging around, is a different story lol.

Freshlikesushi wrote:

you do speak the truth. Now, if those people are the kind you want to be hanging around, is a different story lol.

Ex-actlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !  lol

Freshlikesushi wrote:

:( It's always hard to find your cups of tea. In the limited social possibilities like in KSA, worse comes to worst.

i would hope individuals have more self worth than to stoop to that just for friends.

BUT, that being said. some poeple just like it lol. More power to em.

I've seen KSA bring out the worst in many people--seen them do things they'd never do at home.  Out of desperation?  Seems to be.

Oh, and btw, it's not for friends.  It's to have access to Western compounds.

yeah, there were some real winners in Jeddah that i met, and they were already on compounds. they just wanted into the social circles.

plz check ur email

me?

:lol:

nope... not me :sosad:

awwwwwwww i didn't mean that ppl lol

we would never imply that you do:)

Freshlikesushi wrote:

we would never imply that you do:)

yesssss.. we were just talking in general :)

Alliecat wrote:

Whats so special to have the access to the western compounds ?? :P I feel in handcuffs everywhere......

saimans wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

Whats so special to have the access to the western compounds ?? :P I feel in handcuffs everywhere......

That is exactly how I feel.

I am also new in Riyadh and currently dying of boredom living in a hotel. Am bored of working, gym, sleep with a visit to the horse races on Friday, i need some human contact and decent conversation (and a drink now and then would be good too). I think if i approached people in the supermarket i might get some funny reactions so i thought i would start here.

Ian

Ian W wrote:

I am also new in Riyadh and currently dying of boredom living in a hotel. Am bored of working, gym, sleep with a visit to the horse races on Friday, i need some human contact and decent conversation (and a drink now and then would be good too). I think if i approached people in the supermarket i might get some funny reactions so i thought i would start here.

Ian

Welcome Buddy. And have a nice time @ Riyadh with all the best Experiences.:) BTW - "and a drink now and then would be good too" Was that for Laban ???:P

Good Luck !!

As if i would drink anything else....:rolleyes:

Ian W wrote:

As if i would drink anything else....:rolleyes:

LOL :lol:

Ian W wrote:

Ian

Hi Ian, welcome to the blog.  I've met some wonderful people through this blog and I hope you'll be able to do the same.

Any idea how long you'll be stuck at the hotel?  Things begin to improve once you have a permanent place, even if it's not in a compound.

PS. And you're right about the supermarket.  I still say HI to people I see looking directly at me and people usually seem ... surprised and uncomfortable :lol:

Ian W wrote:

Ian

Welcome to Riyadh and FELIZ CUMPLEANOS, AMIGO!!

I stayed in ahotel my first month in town and never felt comfortable.  It was only when I  moved to my apartment did I finally settle in.

I am sure in time you will meet some of the fine folks here in town!!

loool Thought it was just me - I had the same experiences when I first came.

It will get better - after the anxiety and panick attacks have subsided lol!

How about hash and camp outs on the weekends?....

Thanks all for your warm welcome, am sure i will settle down when i have a flat. I didn't know there was a hash in town, great i used to hash in a few other countries.

Just a reminder:  all 'hash' talk, exchange of information, should be done via PM.  This blog is monitored by the authorities.

Gotcha, the running club will be pm'ed from now on. :)

Guys please help me out i came back from Canada and i used to hang out to club and having drinks every weekend but not i feel [*rude]please help me out

Have the same problem meeting western culture here in riyadh. Was also three months in the hotel like in hell. Now in my apartment but still no clue where i can meet people to at least talk with, share experiences or hang out once in a while. Can someone help? I just have to jet out to europe for a week or so before i go crazy here.

*sigh* Its a sad world out here.

I guess I am coming to terms with it.

Every other month I gotta travel to gain my sanity. Thats how it goes for me.

Couple of gents from my office got in trouble for arranging number of parties. tsk.

Come to Jubail! Can do fishing :D

Its just a matter of knowing the right people, if you know what I mean ;)

hi ian

i had to send u a message as im also new i moved to riyadh for work and is pretty much feeling just like u,if boredom can kill i'd be dead by now any luck getting out of that hotel?

I wonder how Saudis get to go to parties orgnizsed by non Saudis ,
Get to know people to be invited

[moderated: Expat.com is NOT a dating website. Thanks.]

To Alliecat: because one one of your interests is the photography (I know, the beauty is in the eye of the beholder), could you suggest some places for pictures that are "from here and here only", to show the spirit of the place ? I admit, in the beginning I was quite shy in using my camera, but now I'm more relaxed (I'm two months old here, I grew up) in using it, and you declared in your profile that you lend your experience to the people they need it. OK, I need it, I have to admit that.
On the other hand, because you speak English only (but you speak it very well), would you be so kind to enlighten me what's the difference between an Alliecat and an Alley cat ? (my mother tongue is Romanian, so I have an excuse...) :P
Hope didn't offended you,
wish you the best the money can get,
Tavi

Let me tell you dear m.Caty...

There are 2 SIMPLE THINGS that can literally change your life here, in Riyadh... (everything else is redundant and meaningless....) :
1. Move to a compound (they are not all the same expensive);
2. Get a smartphone (then download & install Skout, Badoo, Zoosk, ksa-mingle.com etc.)

Start both operations at the same time.
Then, you will remember me...  :)

i've been here two weeks, and have been to 2 parties already.  Its there, you just have to network and get your name out there.

tavitza58 wrote:

To Alliecat: because one one of your interests is the photography (I know, the beauty is in the eye of the beholder), could you suggest some places for pictures that are "from here and here only", to show the spirit of the place ? I admit, in the beginning I was quite shy in using my camera, but now I'm more relaxed (I'm two months old here, I grew up) in using it, and you declared in your profile that you lend your experience to the people they need it. OK, I need it, I have to admit that.
On the other hand, because you speak English only (but you speak it very well), would you be so kind to enlighten me what's the difference between an Alliecat and an Alley cat ? (my mother tongue is Romanian, so I have an excuse...) :P
Hope didn't offended you,
wish you the best the money can get,
Tavi

There is a joke in the US:  beauty is in the eye of the beer holder lol  Of course that doesn't apply in KSA ;)  but I couldn't resist sharing some Americana :D

Okay, I have very much enjoyed shooting pictures in the desert--the various rock formations, esp. the Edge of the World.  I also like old architecture, so Old Diriyah is a favorite.  But my absolute favorite is taking pics during the Janadriyah Festival.  There's so much to see and everybody is very relaxed and in a festive mood and everybody (Saudis/expats) is taking pics of everybody else.

Allie happens to be a shortening/nickname of my real name.  Alley, on the other hand, is a narrow street that runs behind houses (which is where you will most likely find alleycats).

Of course you haven't offended me ... and kudos to you for your close reading of my profile :top:

Hi there,

I'm new to Riyadh I arrive next week and would also liked to get into some social groups for get togethers etc.

Any help and suggestions will be appreciated,

J.

somebody from a compound needs to send u an invitation. thats how it generally works

wow... 2 already?! how do you get connected?