Pregnancy in Rome

Hi,

could you please share advice and tips about pregnancy in Rome?

Who are the best gynecologists for pregnancy follow-ups?

Which hospitals or clinics would you recommend to give birth in Rome?

Thanks a lot in advance for your advice !

Christine

Best place for all of these answers is:

themilkbar.it

Hi Christine,
There is a great gynecologists at a health clinic called Doctors In Italy! She is very sweet, young and competent. I was relieved to find that all the staff and doctors spoke fluent English, which was helpful to me since I don't speak any Italian. The clinic is located very close to the Spanish steps (address: Via Frattina, 48, 00187 Roma).
They were very helpful and gave me everything I needed. I have heard great things about them from others living in Rome and I was very satisfied after my visit.

Here is their website where you can schedule an appointment at any time:
doctorsinitaly.com/

Hi Christine,

I'm french, married with italian citizen, and I lived in Rome for. 6 years before moving to Hong Kong (soon back in rome again).

I gave birth to my first daughter in Rome and was quite anxious.

My first advice. Save your money and GO TO A PUBLIC HOSPITAL, because even if i don t wish you so, if somethiNg unusual happened to you/your baby, you'll be transfered  From the private clinica to a public hospital. Choosin a publi hospital can help youto save precious minutes for you\ your baby in case of emergency.
If you want to have anyway a private room and team it is possible going under the private but in the piblic hospital. I got a full dedicated team chosen by me (it s called INTRAMENIA) which saved my baby's life), really. As well as a private room shared with my husband.

Furthermore some public hospital don t have the nursery...meaning that you ve got your baby by yourself night and day after the delivery and in My opinion it is not the best option ...but some of my friends prefered it...

To recap i would advise : 

Ospedale san pietro, I choose cristina for my team amd then she picked thegynecologist Quirico Maglioni. The chirugist was doctor Dana. I can just tell you once again that they saved my baby s life and last but not least when i got pregnant again after 3 years in Hong kong, i called the hospital and the chirurgist answered my call and gave me some advice.... They also got the nursery.

Otherwise a lit of my friznds opted for the one in isola tiberina, i got some good and bad feedbacks. No nursery.

Sorry my phone is getting crazy...

Hoping that this could help you, i wish you all the best !

Cheers,

Ade.

hello

I know this is a old post but I am also looking for some advice I  have just found out i am pregnant and not sure where to start.

My husband is Italian but he is also completely lost. I have had  look at some of the hospitals but I was wondering if anyone have any positive or negative experiences?

I was also looking for some prenatal classes, if anyone knows of any so far I can only see the milk bar, which looks very nice but have anyone used this service?

many thanks for your help